17

PETE's POV

We're already on our way to my hometown. We did take turns too, and right now I'm the one who's in-charge of driving while Vegas was sitting next to me.

He's busy typing something on his laptop. See how busy he is? I'm glad at myself for making this plan happen so that he can have a rest even in just 1 day.

We're going to spend our 2 nights with my grandmother. So I guess, he'll have a good rest.

While driving, I am eating some snack that we bought from store we're we barge in.

Vegas then received a call. I look at him for a moment, he just stared at it and ignore it after. Who's that?

"What?" Vegas answered with a sigh. I look at him and timing that he's also looking at me. I raised my eyebrow to ask who's that but he just shrugged.

"I'm going somewhere. Why?" He said again. Who is that fuckin' caller? Why does he/she have to ask where Vegas going?

"Rachelle please! I'm going somewhere. I'm with my boyfriend, don't disturb us" he said then hang up. I was really curious who's that Rachelle and why is she asking where is Vegas going. I want to ask him but I'm a bit scared that he might get angry or what.

I just let it slide for now since I'm really busy driving. If I'm going to think about that while driving we'll end up in a car accident. Yes, that advance.

It's already passed 2pm, and we're almost there. We've just park in the side of the road for few minutes since I'm driving for almost 1 hour already.

I went outside the car to give myself a bit stretch of my arms. Vegas was still inside the car, have no plan to go out I guess. It's okay, since it's he's turn to drive later.

My god... I felt tired already. Should I take a nap later?

"Pete, let's go?" I nod at him and went inside the car. As soon as the engine start, we remain silent the whole ride.

I didn't mean to stay silent but it's just that... I can't get over about what I heard a while ago.

We finally arrived, I let Vegas to have rest on my room while I am busy talking to my grandmother because I miss her so damn much.

"So is that him?" She ask. I nod and smiled at her. He smiled back at mr and hold my hand.

" I'm very happy for you son but please don't forget to take care of yourself mm? It's not that I don't trust him, but let's just have an assurance first." She said and I nodded. I know she's doing it for my own good too, she already supported me before and gave me advice why would I doubt the words she's saying right now, right?

"I am, grandma don't worry about me, I can handle myself. Are you really sure that you don't want to live with us?" I ask her again, hoping that she'll agree but she really don't want.

"I told you before, I can handle myself and I don't want to be burden from the both of you. I'm calling you from time to time aren't I?" I sighed as I defeated. I can't really convince her, so I'll just accept her decision.

After that, she let me take a rest too so I went to my room and lay myself beside Vegas who's sleeping soundly.

I can't sleep so I just check his phone. The conversation between him and Rachelle is already deleted. Really Vegas?

I was about to go out when my phone suddenly received a message.

Why is she texting me again?

From: Shea S.
Pete, I miss you. Don't you miss me too?

To: Shea S.
Don't you ever try to message me again, or else...

From: Shea S.
Or else what?

To: Shea S.
Let's just talk when I get back there.

I put my phone down and went outside. I decided to just walk around our house since I can't really sleep, up until now I'm still having a trouble in sleeping.

It's already 6:30 PM and Vegas is already awake, he's helping my grandmother cooking dinner.

I'm just sitting on our sofa while watching them. I'm happy that my grandmother accept me as I am and didn't need to hide my relationship with Vegas.

"Babe, help me prepare on the dinning." Vegas called me so I immediately followed him.

I just put 3 plates and napkins and such then grandma and Vegas started to put their dishes one by one on the table.

"Why is it so many dishes grandma?" I said. She laugh at me and answered. "Silly, this is the only time you visited me again so why wouldn't I cooked your favorite dishes? For Vegas to taste it too."

I just let her be cause that's what my grandmother wants.