chapter 11

Haileys pov

I walked through the busier than usual crowds, trying to make my way to my locker. Why was it so busy? Finally, I barged through and caught sight of what was bringing all the attention. I stopped in my tracks. It was none other than Lia, my ex best friend. She was standing next to Zoey, laughing and giggling. God, I hated this new version of her. I missed when she was my sweet best friend, but thats over now. I was still staring in disbelief that she was back, I never knew why she left but I always assumed it had something to do with her parents. I was the only one who knew about her family issues. And you might be thinking, 'why don't you just expose her?' well i'm not that type of person and i know what its like to be picked on. I must've been staring for too long because Lia caught sight of me and her smile faded. I quickly turned around and made my way out of there.

I quickly ran through the halls but something, or rather someone stopped me.

"Hailey? Are you okay?" A familiar voice spoke. I looked up to reveal the peach haired boy, Jake. I hadn't spoken to him since last night when i basically told him my entire life story.

"Oh- Hey Jake, yeah I'm.. I'm fine!" I said.

"Are you sure? You look like you've seen a ghost" He replied.

"Um, yeah I'm great! Hey is that the time already? I gotta go! Cya!" I dodged past him and speed walked to my class. What a morning.

————————————————————————

Lias pov

The crowd had finally made their way to class, thank god. Zoey had left to go talk to Drew so it was just me. I grabbed my books and walked down the now quiet hallways, so i was just lost in my thoughts.

I saw Hailey before, she looked the same. But she looked so hurt when she saw me, I felt so guilty. I did so much horrible stuff to her. I really want to apologise and make things right but I know she wont forgive me. I asked Zoey about her and her and Drew seemed to have stopped picking on her, as they got bored. But Kaleb, Blake, and Josh still do. I just hope shes made some friends and fixed her life up a bit, after i ruined it.

Suddenly, i banged into someone, snapping out of my thoughts I looked up to see a rather good looking boy. He had blonde coloured hair which was perfectly styled and beautiful brown eyes that sparkled in the light. He was wearing a grey hoodie and some sweat pants.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He said while holding out a hand to help me up, a layer of blush spread across my face as i accepted it and got back on my feet.

"I-its okay.." I said quietly.

"Are you new? I havent seen you before" he said with the cutest smile I've ever seen.

"Um yeah, well kinda.. I used to go here but i moved and came back" I said with a small laugh.

"Oh cool! Well I'm Jake" He said.

"I'm Lia... and I'm also late!! Bye Jake!" I said, realising the time and rushed to class.

As i was running through the halls, I couldn't help but think about the boy. Maybe this year wasn't going to be so bad. I took a deep breath before entering the classroom, i gained a few stares as i just stood there.

"Oh, Lia. Welcome back!" The teacher said with a smile.

I smiled back and scanned the class. I had no friends in here, but i did have Hailey. That might not end well. I took a seat near the back and turned my attention to the front.

A few minutes later someone barged through the door, out of breath. It was the Jake guy from before.

"Sorry I'm late miss!" He puffed.

"Jake! This is the third time this week!" She sighed, "take a seat."

He nodded and took a seat by... Hailey? They knew each other? But how?? Jake seemed like he was popular and Hailey well... not so much. How could he be friends with her. Wait Lia no. You cant be jealous, you and him are barely friends, and you cant make more drama with Hailey. But.. Jake, hes so.. cute, and sweet, and perfect. I watched them laugh and talk together. Jealously took over me. She cant have him.

Heyy sorry its been ages since i updated this 😭😭 I hope you enjoyed tho 😋