Market

They had two weeks before classes were to start. The night after the karaoke incident, Rei woke alone in the huge king-sized bed. He sat up looking around. Sunlight poured in through the window. He could hear trucks moving around on the street below, but the apartment was silent. He wasn't even sure what had awoken him.

"Shougo?" he called out. Nothing responded.

His heartbeat began to quicken. How had anything happened to the teen while he slept literally right beside him? Rei tossed the blankets back. He sprang from the bed calling the teens name once more. Still no sound responded to him.

He searched the bathroom, the extra bedroom, kitchen, literally anywhere the male could possible be. Since he was still naked from their tryst after turning each other on with their songs, Rei didn't open the front door, yet. He walked back to use the bathroom. He was just pulling a shirt over his head when he heard the front door open. It was being done so very quietly.

Rei picked up his glasses. He held them in one hand ready to through them. Walking to the bedroom door, he looked through the small crack. He hadn't realized how much it had swung closed when he first came back in. He saw a shadow move along the wall. It was coming right toward the door. He flung it open yelling as he did so. Arm raised above his head, he heard the cry of the man before him.

Shougo stood there clutching two coffee cups to his chest. One hand held a brown paper bag in it. He screamed out Rei's name. Rei blinked dumbly at him. He lowered his arm as he took in the frightened look on the teens face, the coffee, even the bag in his hand. His mind pieced it all together quickly.

"You went out for breakfast?" he asked.

"Yeah, you looked so cuddly and cute sleeping all curled up." Shougo grinned at him.

"Oh, well uh, sorry for scaring you." Rei muttered taking a small step back into the bedroom.

"What where you going to do with your glasses?" Shougo laughed. He turned around.

"Since you're up and dressed, let's eat out on the patio." He called back as he walked away.

Rei smirked at the comment Shougo had made. He put the glasses on. He didn't need them, but they were a special gift from an old friend. One who had helped teach Rei to survive when no one else had been around. These glasses, in the right hands, could easily stop any intruder.

Chuckling about the absurdity of the morning, Rei walked to the patio door. Shougo had spread out napkins. He placed each cup on separate ones. Then he pulled out little breakfast tarts, two per napkin. Lastly he drew out two cups of what looked like steaming hot soup. Rei smirked at how happy Shougo looked on his accomplishment.

Opening the door, the teen jerked back to look up at Rei. "Looks good, but we should seriously go shopping today." Rei commented.

"Yeah, we aren't far from this super cool market. It's outdoors mostly, on the weekends. They have everything!" Shougo explained. Rei nodded as he listened to the excited teen.

"Shougo?" Rei asked.

"Mmm?" The teen twisted his head sideways looking like a confused puppy. Rei smiled at the comparison.

"I was wondering how, um." He paused looking away.

"How do you want to set up the apartment?" he rushed to say.

"Well, our bedroom will obviously be the one with the big bed in it." Shougo insisted. Rei smiled.

His breathing eased a little. That had been his biggest fear. What if Shougo didn't want to share a bed with him? He had pondered about that before falling asleep the night before. But Shougo was continuing on.