nienteen. i only wanna be a hero for you

𐙚⋆˙⟡♡ | I WANNA DIE (🥃)chapter nineteen: i only wanna be a hero for you

chapter nineteen: i only wanna be a hero for you

Later that night, Damon walked out of the Mystic Grill after he's had a few drinks. He gone there to clear his head after the day that he had had, first he could stop thinking about Emory Pierce which just pissed him off. Then he went to a stupid barbecue at the Gilbert house because Mason Lockwood was going to it, and then Damon tried to kidnap him by stabbing him with something sliver which turned out not to work. Because that was just a myth.

So, Damon was pretty pissed off and need a drink.

He slowly made his down the path outside of the grill, where Emory was stood leaning up against the wall and when she saw him walk passed her she could help but smile before she made her pressure known. "Did you have a bad day?"

As soon as he heard her voice he looked over at her, and he let a faint grin drift onto his lips before he quickly let it fade away, not wanted her to know that he was actually happy to see her. "It's been a bad century, Emmy. Heard you were out on the loose."

Emory smirked at him as she pushed herself off of the wall, and walked closer to her ex-boyfriend. "What's got you in such a grumpy mood? Jealous that I spent the day with Stefan? If it makes you feel any better I was actually mostly there looking for you, but you weren't there."

"Just because I had a moment of weakness, and slept with you, Emory...-doesn't make us friends or anything else. We agreed to go back to hating each other...-so if I was jealous about it, it doesn't matter at all."

Damon looked her up and down one more time before he walked away from her, but Emory just followed after him as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I guess that answers my questions about you being jealous. But beside that, why are you so pouty?"

"I tried to kill a werewolf and failed. Now, I feel like I'm not living up to my best self." Damon informed her, as they both continued walking. Emory roll her eyes at the back off his head, because she knew that Damon was always living up to his best self even if he didn't think he was.

"Please, you're damon Salvatore...-you're always living up to your best self." Emory told him, as she fell into step right next to him and he looked down at her. "Besides, werewolves aren't easy prey."

Damon came to a halt right in front of her, casuing her to stop as well. "What do you know about werewolves?"

"Why don't you ask Stefan about that one? Don't try to be the hero, Damon. You'll end up dead." Emory told him, not really believing that for a second.

"I've only ever wanted to be the hero for one girl...-but we're on a little time out right now, until she gets her act together." Damon admitted to her, casuing her to widen her eyes at when he said. Completely confused by what he met, but she knew that he was talking about her at least and not Elena. "See you around, Emmy."

Damon gave her one last smirk before he turned around and walked away leaving her confused. "Damon!? Wait...-what the hell are you talking about!?"

He glanced over his shoulder at her with a grin on his face as he continued to walk away from her. "I can't tell you that...-you have to figure it out for yourself."

And with that he turned back around and left ther their.

Emory let out a small huff as she turned around, and started walking the streets of Mystic Falls and she couldn't help the smile that formed on her mouth. She slowly came to a halt on some grass as she lit her hand onto her lips and thought about the last time that they ever touched his, when he was still human after he was killed by his father. Which made her smile grow.