Chapter 1: The Colosseum

Kion opened his eyes and was met with the bright sunrise. He stood up and stretched his legs, enjoying the warmth of the rising sun. He started walking to the ledge of Priderock, but before he could get out, something grabbed him from behind and covered his muzzle, not allowing him to breathe.

Kion looked around and noticed his family was gone. Panic shot threw him, but before he could fight back, he blacked out.

***

When Kion opened his eyes again, he was in a dark cave. He groaned and rubbed his head. The Lion that captured him must have hit him on the head.

Kion looked around and spotted his family, all unconscious. Kion quickly shook them awake.

"What's going on?" Kiara asked as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Is everyone okay?" Simba asked, checking everyone over.

"Yeah, we're okay," Nala replied.

Kovu stood up and walked toward the entrance of the cave. He gasped, "Woah!"

"Woah what?" Kiara asked, coming up beside him.

"I don't know, but it's cool," Kovu replied.

Kion looked out too, "Oh! It's a colosseum!"

Kiara looked at him, confused, "What's a colosseum?"

"It's basically an arena where animals fight to the death," Kion explained. Then, he realized, "Wait..."

A lioness walked into the cave, "Welcome, Royal family! It is an honor to have you here."

"Why did you bring us here!" Kion snarled.

"You'll get your answer soon enough." She walked out.

Simba snarled, "That bitch!" He tried chasing after her, but Nala stopped him, "Calm down."

Simba sighed and relaxed.

Suddenly, a loud voice boomed from the colosseum. The family looked out and spotted a male lion talking to a crowd of other lions.

"Who's ready for another fight!"

The crowd cheered.

He smirked, "We have some new recruits here today. The Royal Family of the Pridelands! And first to fight from the Royal Family, is Kiongozi!"

Two guards dragged Kion out into the open. Kion snarled and fought against them, but it wasn't any use.

"Kion, are you ready to fight?" The lion asked.

Kion spit in his face.

The Lion wiped away the spit and remained calm, "Anyway, Kion's opponent will be Agana!"

Kion looked around and spotted a lioness walking out. Blood was dripping down her fangs.

"This should be a good match, Kion has vocal strength as an ability and Agana has paralolyzation!" The Lion roared.