bad idea right

ricky is currently going through a mid life crisis, and he needed help. badly. he can't get over his ex boyfriend, and it clearly shows. him crying at night in his bed, getting deja vu whenever he's with other guys, listening to songs that reminded him of his ex. it was so bad, ashlyn, gina, and nini had to literally drag him out of bed to shower.

"you can't stay in the bed forever, ricky. you gotta prove this guy wrong." nini crosses her arms getting tensed at the boy's stubbornness.

"she took the words right out of me,." ashlyn agreed to the girl.

"i miss him so much.." ricky covers himself up with his sheets and blanket.

"and that's your problem. you missing him isn't gonna make him want you back, it's gonna make him think he can overpower you." gina sat on the edge of the bed.

"and trust me, i've been there." nini takes a step forward. slowly lifting the blanket from over ricky so she can face him. "you're gonna be okay, we promise."

"yeah and we won't let anyone bother you, not even that fucker." ash chimes in, making ricky chuckle at the red head.

"i fucking love you so much." ricky wiped his red teary eyes, as he gazes at his friends.

"we love you too ricky. now get up and shower so we can go." gina suggests.

...

walking into the huge party everyone's been talking and gossiping about, it was so crowded, loud bass music, teens, drinks, couples, sweaty boys... ricky couldn't hear his thoughts.

"'sup guys! didn't expect to see y'all here!" elijah aka ej, greeted them as they walked through the door. it wasn't his party, but he was one of the co hosts. ricky knew what he was getting himself into, despite everything.

"sup rick! how you been, man!" ej loudly spoke. he couldn't even hear himself because of the music.

"horrible! i didn't even plan on coming!"

"well hey! at least you're here now, how about y'all go get a drink!"

why not..?

...

after one shot of liquor, ricky ended up sitting outside at the pool in the back. there were more teens outside and inside, so he didn't have any privacy.

he looked up to see not other than his ex, the one that sold his heart for parts, and left him like trash..

"is that ricky..?" jack said, walking up to him.

"h-hi jack..." somehow ricky knew that jack could overpower him but he wasn't going down with a fight.

"you miss me?"

"you wish... you know you're real piece of shit?" ricky spat, looking jack up and down.

jack tilted his head and chuckled. "so you're still mad at me about this break up? i thought we were over that, unless.. you still love me?"

ricky about now was so furious, he wanted to choke the living shit out of the guy, but he couldn't. to even think that ricky still thinks he's hot.. jack really had his brain going "ahh"
whenever he looked at him and whenever they conversated.

"ricky! richard!" jack snapped him out of his trance. "you good?"

"i-i can't do this.. i-i gotta go.." 

he had to get the fuck out of there.

speed walking to the nearest exit, he spotted nini and the rest of his friends having the time of their lives, he didn't want to ruin their night so he walked out.

heavy raindrops, as he walked the streets, a pout on his face because he had to walk in this mess.

"why the fuck is this always happening to me.." he talked to himself, this was supposed to be a good night and he let his feelings get the best of him.

"ugh now i'm hungry.." he looked around in the heavily pouring rain. "UGH!" ricky let out a frustrated groan. first his ex being an ass, now him having to walk in this damn rain, is making it even worse.

he pulled out and checked the time on his phone. "TWELVE?!" he's been walking around for the past two hours.

beep!

he spotted a bus. maybe this was his ticket home.

as he sat down on the seat on bus with his drenched, wet clothes, he couldn't bare but stare out the window. this night was all fucked up. he was all fucked up.

"i knew this was a bad idea..."

the bus stopped, but it threw on brakes so hard. a guy accidentally spilled his red slushee on ricky's white sweater.

"my sweaterrrr! ugh!" ricky frowned.

"my bad.." the stranger said.

"fuck it, it's fine." ricky stood up and walked off the bus.

...

after hopping off the bus, i found myself walking into a modern, suburban neighborhood.

"isn't this where ej lives..?" i said to myself, of course this is where ej lives, he's rich. maybe he could help me.

walking up to his doorstep, i knocked one time. damn his house is so huge. i knocked again. no answer. well now i have no choice but to climb up there.

before i did that, someone opened the door. "bowen?"

"ej! hi... i know this is unexpected but..."

"are you okay? come inside. it's raining cats and dogs out here." ej pulled ricky inside. closing the door, he wrapped a blanket around the boy's torso.

"thank you.." ricky thanked him. smiling softly.

"here follow me to my room,"

making their way to elijah's room, ricky couldn't help but stargaze at it, his room is neat, he had a huge bed, he had everything. "your room is amazing, ej."

"thanks. i don't really let my friends in here. you're probably the first person i've let in here" ej said going into his closet. "here you can wear these"

he threw ricky a pair of grey sweats, and a grey sweater. "i'll give these as soon as possibl-"

"you can keep them," ej replied quick. the younger didn't know why the older was being so caring and nice to him, but he was liking it. this is type of elijah that makes you want to hug him and never let him go.

...

after changing, ricky laid next to ej on the bed. "this night as been hell. i said tonight was gonna be a bad idea,"

"really? you didn't have fun at the party?" elijah asks confused.

"i left."

"gotcha. why tho?"

"because of my ex.."

"jack?"

"how do you know?"

"nini tells me everything."

"there it is." they both laughed. nini was their messenger. she loves messaging. "thank you ej, i really appreciate your help,"

"of course, anything for you." their hands brushed. they sat there looking at each other, before turning away looking around the room,

until ej grabbed ricky's hand, tangling their fingers together, ricky turned to look at him.

"maybe this was a good idea after all.."

thoughts...
thoughts.....
thoughts....
thoughts.....

words: 1,152.