pretty stranger

"come on pick up, nini" i begged to myself as i sat at the bus stop. i was just getting off a long shift at the office. it's raining like cats and dogs out here.

i sat under the booth at the bus stop, and waited, until i heard a beep.

"UH DO YOU NEED A RIDE?" the stranger yelled through the heavy rainfall.

"UHM, IM GOOD, JUST WAITING FOR A FRIEND.." i lied. no way nini was coming.

"YOU SURE? ITS REALLY WET OUT HERE" the stranger reassured. the thunder rumbled. "YOU GETTING IN OR WHAT?"

i get in the car with this stranger, not knowing what he's capable of doing to me. i looked down at my hands, gripping them together, nervously. i turned to look at the guy, and noticed his features. he's hot.

"i'm ej, nice to meet you," he broke the silence, reaching out his hand for a handshake.

"i'm ricky,.." i said in pure nervousness. i ruffled my hair, he looked at me.

"are you cold?"

"a little..."

"let me turn the heat on." he turned the air off and i soon felt the warm air hit me. it felt so great and my hair needed it.

"thank you, i needed it." i smiled. he smiled back. then we fell into a deep silence again.

"you're cute," he spoke. i looked at him. "i'm sorry, i-"

"no no , it's okay, thank you. you're cute too." he smiled hard after i said that.

i blushed the whole time. hey, i couldn't help it. what would you do if a hot guy called you cute? it was like a miracle. because i haven't been in these type of situations in a long time. so this is kind of exciting me.

"how old are you, ricky?" he asked, his eyes glued on the road through the heavy rain.

"23, what about you?"
"24... you just got off of work?"

god, he asked so many questions. but he looked damn good asking them. "yeah, long shift, no biggie."

he chuckled. "that was funny?" i asked.

"no i just find it funny how i haven't asked for your number yet." he kept chuckling, not gonna lie, i giggled a bit. after that, we just kept getting to know each other.

"so you kissed a frog!? HAHAHA." i laughed asking the question.

"i wanted to see if it was really a prince!" he was pretty much out of breathe by laughing so hard.

after a while, we pulled up to my apartment. "here we are." he said. turning off the engine.

"thank you for giving me the best lift home ever. didn't know we have so much stuff in common." i said.

"no thank you, i haven't had a good laugh like this all year." ej said looking at me. "so... you wanna hang out sometimes? grab a cup of coffee or something?"

i liked this feeling. me not being afraid. so i kissed him on the cheek. "of course, pretty stranger."