prologue

For once, Giyuu was getting tired of it. Tired of Shinobu saying that no one likes him and that no one even wants to be around him.

"This is why no one likes you, Giyuu."

And it was happening again. Right after a Hashira meeting just went the master left. He was originally planning to make his escape as quick as possible, but being social with the others was needed for some reason.

And to Shinobu's taunt, all the other pillars had fixed their gazes onto them both.

Their eyes shifting to the ever smiling Shinobu and the blank-faced Giyuu.

"That's .. not true."

He finally answered her. He thought of a way to justify his answer, until a single thought came to mind.

"Oh dear, Giyuu. It's true no one-"

He cut her off as he got an uncharacteristic look of determination on his face, "y/n likes- no .. y/n loves me."

Shinobu tilted her head to the side,
"y/n? Who's that?"

"...my wife."

A silence hung in the air until Uzui broke it with a flamboyant laugh. The sound echoing into the yard.

Everyone else was trying to keep a straight face while failing at the task. (Except for Gyomei, he seemed to be praying or something-)

"That's so sad," Shinobu finally spoke, "you actually have an imaginary wife!"

Giyuu quickly found that no one believed him when he said he was married...