Near and Dear

Trellis was in the midst of a business discussion with fellow advisers when Emily burst into the room. Her face turned crimson as she quickly realized she had just interrupted an important, formal royal meeting. "Um, I'm sorry, I..." Emily stole a glance at Trellis, prompting him to stand up and clear his throat. "Ahem. Well, thank you all. We shall resume this meeting later. And Emily, we were just concluding anyway. Thank you, everyone." The occupants of the room rose from their seats and left, casting smiles in Emily's direction. She awkwardly returned the gesture, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Trellis approached Emily and shut the door behind her, his cold breath adding to her unease as she looked downward.

"Yes, Emily, you wished to speak?" Trellis began but then burst into laughter, leaving her puzzled. "I apologize, Em, I simply can't get over you leaving your bathroom door open when you--" He chortled heartily as Emily watched him, dumbfounded. Oddly, she wasn't embarrassed by his comment; rather, she was taken aback by the warmth of Trellis's laughter. It felt... pleasant.

Trellis abruptly ceased his laughter upon seeing Emily gaze at him in such a manner. "Oh, I'm sorry Emily. Please, have a seat." He gestured toward a chair. "Could we continue our conversation in your room? It's somewhat... open here," Emily responded, her hands folded.

Once they were comfortably settled in Trellis's expansive bedroom, Emily met his gaze directly. "Another problem just came up," she shared. She gauged his expression, waiting to see if he was following her or had something to contribute. Attentive and patient, Trellis waited for her to elaborate. "We may need to prepare for an upcoming battle—it's a substantial matter. Trust is becoming scarce, with anyone and anything. Are you with me?"

"May I inquire as to how you've come by this information?" Trellis inquired, his composure unwavering.

"Well, my son Moze--"

"A SON?" Trellis interjected.

"I mean, my future son who traveled back in time to warn me. I've had several encounters with him. But this must remain confidential, alright?" Emily leaned in closer to Trellis. Feeling honored by her trust and proximity, Trellis responded, "You've entrusted me with a secret, and I'll guard it dearly. I'll hold it near and dear to my heart."

Recognizing their closeness, they both smiled, locked in a moment of shared understanding. Then, Trellis broke the silence while keeping their gaze connected. "Emily, there's something I've been wanting to ask..." Emily's heart raced like a speeding train, and she answered immediately, "Yes?"

"Do you believe I'm... a good person? A suitable ruler, I mean? Am I... better than my father?" Trellis inquired. Emily, slightly taken aback without knowing why, responded smoothly, "Trellis, you possess a great heart and a noble character. You're destined to lead Alledia, and people would be fortunate to have you as both a king and a partner." Her hand found its way to his cheek.

With Emily's warm touch emboldening him, Trellis ventured, "So you think I'm worthy of you, Miss Hayes?" He gently brushed his hand against her hair. Overwhelmed with emotion, Emily's spontaneity took over, and she exclaimed, "Why don't we find out? I've heard elves are terrible kissers." A playful smirk formed on Trellis's face, despite his heart performing acrobatics within. "Whoever propagated that notion is quite mistaken. Come here."

Thus commenced Trellis and Emily's inaugural kiss—a moment that unveiled their long-suppressed yearnings. Their lips intertwined, their souls connected, and neither desired the moment's conclusion. Trellis enveloped her in his embrace as he placed a delicate kiss on her neck. The experience was nothing short of perfection.

Ahh... isn't it just so fulfilling #tremily stans?