The Banquet

Next day the banquet was held a bit early. Everyone was busy with the preps and props with little time to chitchat. Vigo, was supervising everything. Riva, who was helping some people down the hall with her usual smile was wearing a long blue glittery dress with orange and blue strips and a lot of decors. That color would look good on Emily. Trellis thought randomly. GODDAMNIT STOP TRELLIS! 

---

It was one of those times when they were in Earth. Emily was looking at herself in the mirror with pure disgust. She was wearing a pink dress which had a lot of fussy decors over it. Emily was looking pretty good in it but just as she was about to remove it, Trellis came up hurriedly and gave her the book (which he borrowed from Emily) and went out the door furiously. He hadn't been able to see her reaction but he was grateful he didn't. But it was when he realized Emily.. looked good in dresses although he preferred her feisty. When Emily came out from her room, she was wearing a grey hoodie but smiled at Trellis. Trellis was like "wHy Is iT hAwT aLl Of a sUdDeN?!" 

Of COURSE he didn't say that. 

--- 

Everyone was laughing: Humans, Robots, Elves all gathered together to celebrate the new king, Trellis's crowning ceremony. Trellis, felt weird with all that attention and still flustered by all the "CONGRATS! YOU EARNED IT". He was in a tuxedo which clearly described him: Tall, pale, dark, lean and mean. *chef's kiss* He liked being stoic.

Riva came over, hugged Trellis and kissed his cheek. Was this the same old Riva he met like a few months ago? He excused himself from all the chatter around him for a glass of water. He still wasn't used to fans and being the king and all, he still thinks that he's unworthy of love and respect even after rightfully earning his throne. He just had taken a sip when some random kids (sorry kids) came over running to Trellis and started shouting, "MISTER KING TRELLIS MAN SIRE! GIVE ME AUTOGRAPH PWEASE!" "No, sign mine!" "SIGN MY HAND!!!"

Trellis was trying not to burst out laughing; these kids wanted his autograph instead of doing something else! 

Trellis:

Some guards came over to shove the kids out but I stopped them. I took my time signing for them until they hurried over to the main door. I was perplexed by their sudden change in interest but then the door opened; and in came the most beautiful thing my eyes ever had to witness:

A short feisty looking girl in a plain purple dress with a magenta amulet shining above her chest. The dress was extremely plain but looked extravagant on her. She had beautiful red hair resting on her shoulders. She had a neutral face, it was none other than... Emily!

We immediately caught each others' eyes and she looked away, a little... red? I continued to stare at her until she came over to me and smiled. It was one of her rare smiles and it was directed to me?!  I smiled back and looked away awkwardly. TRELLIS THIS YOUR BEST FRIEND!! She began, "Hey Trellis. Long time no see. Uh, congrats on being the King. I'm so proud and happy for you!" She beamed at me and it made me even more awkward, "Uh-I-I-UH-thank-you-Emily,-have some-some t-thing to drink"

"Not gonna say hi to us, Trellis?" Karen, Emily's mother, spoke.

"I told you mom. When there's Emily he doesn't see anyone else!!" Navin, Emily brother started to laugh. 

"NAVIN!!"

"uh-that's-not-true-"I stammered and Emily blushed.

----

Narrator:

Although Emily and Navin were siblings, they were nothing alike. Emily had ginger/red hair and brown eyes while Navin had brunette hair and brown eyes too. Emily had a complex, stoic and hard-to-get kind of personality while Navin was an easy going, skilled and strong (which they both were) and a fun person. He has a thing for his girl crewmate/teammate, Alysson. Yeah, blah blah. Sorry Nav and Aly... we're here for Tremily.

Emily:

Why couldn't they just leave us alone? It has been so long since I met Trellis and I have so much to apologize him for. Although saying sorry and being dramatic wasn't my thing, he deserved a modest sorry. It was kinda weird seeing him so formal, so clumsy, awkward and smiling since he rarely displayed any emotion or was it because of... me? Nah, he already has the perfect girl in his hands, Riva. She's waaaaay pretty, charismatic, girly, sweet and not to mention curvier than me. And I was just a tomboy idiot who only cared about fights, wars, saving stuff, footballs and all that non-girly stuff. Heck, this was the only time I was wearing dress and seemed to attract a lot of people.. I guess. Nah, still not my thing.

Mom and Navin finally left us alone. Mom went over to Riva and Navin towards Alysson. Hah, ship. I smiled at Navin and Alysson then Trellis said, like he read my mind, "They're made for each other, don't you think?"

"Yeah Cupid's match!"

"Don't know what that means probs some earthly thing bu--"

"LIKE ME AND TRELLIS!!"Riva jumped and hugged Trellis.

                                                                                                  ---