Baby pictures!

Emily had just finished lunch and stood up from her seat when she heard an odd sound coming from the nearby storage room. The room was empty since she was the last to leave the dining hall. Her first thought was to tell someone, but she figured she'd faced scarier things before and decided to check it out herself.

Getting ready for anything, Emily went into the room and was surprised to see a smiling Moze in front of her. Moze, her future son, had somehow come back in time to see her. "Hey, Mom. Long time no see," grinned Moze. Emily felt relieved as she recognized him. Her FUTURE son had time-traveled to the past. "Moze, don't keep appearing like this. Someone might see you and you--" Moze shrugged it off, while Emily worried. "Do you want to know why I'm here or are you going to keep freaking out?" Just then, a sudden knock on the door startled them. Emily quickly hid Moze behind some boxes and told him not to use magic or go back to his time.

"Is this door stuck?" It was one of the elf guards. He pushed but the door wouldn't budge. Emily opened it and smiled at the guard. "Hey... Tam! What's going on?" she asked.

"Oh, Miss Emily! You were in there. Did you need something? I can help," the guard said.

"I was just... looking through the boxes... to see if I could find... BABY!" The guard looked puzzled at her strange comment. "I meant, baby pictures of Trellis, you know! He's a fine young elf now, so... hahaha." Emily's attempt at lying wasn't great, but Tam didn't seem to question her. Instead, he smirked and nodded. "I get it," he said. "Keep going then, Miss. Good luck."

Moze came out after Tam left and looked at his mother, who was as red as her bright red hair. "Wow, what was THAT?" he grinned as Emily blushed even more. "Anyway... I should go so you can keep looking for Trellis' baby pics."

Emily gave Moze a look. "I don't remember you being so... forward and horny the last time I saw you. Just tell me why you came here before someone else comes and I embarrass myself more!" Her voice got louder, not from anger but from embarrassment.

"I can't tell you everything because it could mess things up, BUT I can say you need to be careful who you trust and improve your security. Challenges are coming, so maybe it's time to return to being the 'strong, in charge, and fierce' Emily everyone knows." Emily's look was so serious it almost bordered on intimidating.  "And if you need me, just use your amulet," Moze concluded.

"Okay, Moze. Thanks, dear." She hugged Moze and he returned the gesture. "Bye Mom. Love you."

"Love you too."

Author's Note: Sorry for taking so long! Just had a lot in plate and I hope you like the chapter. And since its a fanfiction. Please give me more ideas to add! I'll go through every. Stay lovely and healthy babes, muah.