The New King

Emily was all Trellis could think about. 

After she destroyed the phoenix and came back, he had been thinking about her even more often. Not like he used to back then, but still. She was away for the time being, to help her mom and brother on another planet and Trellis hadn't been very excited to see Emily go, especially right after she came back. I mean, it is sensible for a person to care about their friend, right? Friend...

Trellis still remembered the first day they met; on the Gondoa mountain. They had been mortal enemies at first, then they could get on the same side, then comes the mutual and gradual trust and then, of course, friends. Best of friends.

The newly crowned king, Trellis just couldNOT take his mind off the feisty ginger-headed girl. She gave the vibes of a scorpion. Trellis had gotten a little sad when he came to know that Emily wouldn't be able to attend t-- OKAY TRELLIS NOT JUST EMILY but her family wouldn't be able to attend the crowning ceremony especially since they played such a great role in saving Alledia. 

"Trellis?" Riva's voice forced Trellis back to reality.

"Oh, sorry KING Trellis." Riva chuckled and came in.

"Riva, seriously?" Trellis rolled his eyes. Riva was an elf-girl, Mayor of the city of Lucien, and also the 2nd ruler of Gulfen. She and Vigo had been assigned (or rather ''assigned'' themselves by themselves) to "help" Trellis rule the kingdom cause apparently the responsibility would take a massive toll on Trellis. Either way, Riva had a great personality and a hell lot of admirers throughout Gulfen and Lucien although she never managed to appeal to Trellis in such a way.

Riva kept on hinting that she had a thing for Trellis but he, being the clueless puppy, did not give a damn or cared or knew about it that much for that matter. And yes, the intellectual guy he was, his thoughts consumed most of his time which were mostly about ruling Gulfen, Emily, serving the elves, Emily, The Voice, Emily, heirs to the throne, Emily, pointless worries, Emily, and Emily. Do you see what I mean? But our Trellis here doesNOT. He just thinks he's being paranoid and worrying too much. [Pri: NAH M'BOY, the number of thoughts you're having about Emily is defined as OBSESSING, and Obsessing is NOT a synonym for ''being paranoid'' sweetheart. Check your dictionary Trellis. :)]

"Yes, Riva? Is there a reason behind WHY you came?" Trellis forced himself up from his chair to look a bit formal. He was the king after all.

"Kind of. Vigo said the date of the banquet has been fixed as tomorrow and he wants you to schedule your day accordingly." She said.

Trellis replied with a "Thank you. Anything else?"

Riva smirked, twirled her hair, winked at him, and left. "My room's right across the hall~" She squealed. [Me dying of cringe while writing this]

Trellis rolled his elven eyes, "Not like I care."

---

Trellis had nothing more to do that evening so he decided to sleep a bit early with a single thought resting in his mind:

                                                               "Emily..."