Chapter 9 - Blood Sucking Pink Toad

•─────────⋅ ☽◯☾ ⋅─────────•

"Are you mad?!" Seraphina Tonks cornered Harry in the common room after class

"Are you mad?!" Seraphina Tonks cornered Harry in the common room after class. He'd managed to evade her wrath in the corridors as every student was desperate to get away from that classroom. She pushed through the sea of students following the dark hair that belonged to the boy who lived. She finally managed to get to him after the other students had cleared out to go to dinner.

"What Seraphina? I couldn't let her...i didn't want to....OK I WASNT THINKING IT THROUGH!" Harry announced after stumbling over his words. He ran an agressive hand through his hair looking at the smaller girl in aspiration. She could see the distress on his face as he took a breath in attempts to calm himself down. 

"You know better than to make an enemy of someone who already has it out for you! You are making my job ten times harder running your mouth like that!" Seraphina countered. Her heart was beating out of her chest as she looked to the boy who lived. She wasn't angry at him no, everything he said was true after all, she was just worried for his welfare. No doubt that little argument back in the the classroom had reached even the Ravenclaw tower by now meaning every student in Hogwarts would hear about the little spat in the DADA classroom by the end of dinner.

"I know. I know. I just couldn't let her make out Cedric died in vain you know?" Harry spoke sadly, lowering himself onto a nearby sofa. Seraphina followed suit, sitting herself on a sofa across from him and sighed sadly.

"He sounded like a good kid. From what I've been told anyway," Seraphina softly spoke in hopes of comforting the boy a little. Harry nodded, turning slightly away from her.

"He was the best of us. The true Hogwarts champion. Maybe...Maybe if I wasn't entered into that tournament none of this would've happened" Harry announced, guilt crushing down on him like a boulder. He'd never really spoken to anyone about that night. Not even Ron and Hermione. Of course they asked and he gave them the details, but he never told anyone how he was actually feeling. Mostly guilt and a lot of shame for the fact he couldn't save him.

"You cannot think like that Harry. Everything must happen for a reason. No matter how painful it can be." Seraphina attempted to comfort the boy. Her heart ached for the amount of responsibility, heartache and torment he had on his shoulders.

Seraphina got no response as Harry continued to dwell on the painful past that was last year. It was almost too much for Seraphina to take and she took in his lifeless blue eyes and defeated expression.

Well, I'm not letting you go to that detention tonight" Seraphina said crossing her arms in front of her. Harry looked at her confused.

"I have to go. It'll only get worse if i don't" He argued making Aeraphina chuckle.

"Oh. You'll be there alright. Just not really."

She spent a good couple of minutes exaplimed her plan to him. She told him he had nothing to worry about and she'd done a few things like this for the Order before. All the while Harry objected fiercely to it. He didn't want her getting involved with 'his business' as he well put it.