Chapter 5 - The Sorting Cermoney and Family Reunions

•─────────⋅ ☽◯☾ ⋅─────────•

Seraphina Tonks had decided that whoever invented trains as a mode of transport was brilliant

Seraphina Tonks had decided that whoever invented trains as a mode of transport was brilliant. The young girl had never actually been on a train herself as she could just apparate anywhere she wanted but the journey to Hogwarts was an experience she'd never forget. It almost made her forget the heartache she felt at the station.

Almost.

Hermione had been particularly helpful getting Seraphina up to speed on how things worked at Hogwarts. Although she wouldn't be able to take one of the boats with the other first years, she was excited to take the self drawn carriages with her friends. Hermione had even gone over the different houses and how they worked. Even though she knew she'd be in Gryffindor with the trio, she did wander which house she would actually be in. Was she Courages like a Gryffindor, Cunning like a Slytherin, Intelligent like a Ravenclaw or loyal like a Hufflepuff?

As the train pulled into the station, the world around them was dark. As soon as the train stopped, everyone was busying themselves as they grabbed their hand luggage and whatever else they decided to bring with them on the train.

Seraphina grabbed her satchel and her raven from next to her and waited for the trio to grab their own belongings. She watched as endless streams of students hurried along the hallways of the train and out the doors to the platform. The platform had filled with endless dark shadows of excited students wanting to get to the grand feast.

"Ready to go?" Hermione snapped Seraphina out of her daze. Seraphina looked at the trio all ready with their luggage and took a deep breathe. She hadn't really felt that nervous until now.

"As i'll ever be."

The four of them stepped out of the carriage and onto the busy platform. They walked silently down with Seraphina practically following them like a lost puppy. The platform was finally starting to clear with students already in the carriages and on their way to the castle. No first year student was in sight meaning they had already taken the boats up to the castle.

"I'm surprised the ministry is still letting you walk around free Potter!" A voice shrilled behind them. Seraphina turned to the voice and saw unmistakable blonde hair marching towards them. She wished the ground would just swallow her as her cousin, who she'd actually never met before but knew all too much about, Draco Malfoy strutted towards them. She heard Ron let out a small groan followed by a 'you've got to be kidding me' while Hermione just rolled her eyes.

"You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it!" Malfoy continued while getting up in Harry's face. The boy who had taken to previously ignoring the blonde's taunts suddenly lashed out. Luckily Ron was quick to restrain him before he could do any damage to the boy.