9

Why did I go to school? That's all Casmir was thinking all day when he got back from spring break and everyone gave him a paper to do or to study for a big test. He had Suhadee who was begging him as of yesterday to add on a sport to her dance class. Not to mention Syrian didn't listen to anyone. So here he was stressing everywhere he went. He sat at a study session for 2 hours for advance Chemistry and he still didn't understand half of it. Maybe all he was good for was the streets. The tutoring  group finally ended and he looked through what felt like was 100 messages and notifications. Most random and from apps, a few from Seriaha and Suhadee, and a email from Syrian's guidance counselor. Great. He was already thinking of how to start writing a paper as he needed to go home and hop straight to it- realistically he probably had to cook dinner, make sure Suhadee did her homework and then did her night routine, e-mail the guidance counselor back and set up some type of meeting with them then make sure Syrian realized everyone in his life had given him multiple opportunities and he can't keep letting them slip away.

That left to start doing his papers and homework the very last thing he's able to do- like usual. It would be a long night just so he didn't get too behind in school. You know you're stressed when the whole ride home on the car was completely silent. He made it halfway home until he got a call at a red light without paying to much attention to it he answered it and held it to his ear.

"Hello Mr.Lucade? Yeah uh we have Suhadee here, dance ended about a hour and 35 minutes ago" the teacher spoke and he checked the time, the caller Id and let out a string of curse words.

"I'm so sorry I'll be right over"

"We have one of our teachers who was kind enough to make sure she gets home safely but I do want to remind you this ain't a babysitting gig, we teach them for their class hours and we expect the parents and guardians to be here on time"

"Yes I completely understand" he spoke he put the teacher on speaker and hit a illegal U turn speeding down the road in the opposite way from the house. He couldn't be mad at anyone but yet he found himself frustrated- where was his village? He knew Seriaha dropped her off but he also remembered talking to Manuel about it yesterday and he said he would make sure she got home- that's great. He did understand he was busy- shit people have lives but how is he going to be in a gang about family and not help out his own. As soon as he got there he gave Suhadee a hug and she just blinked and returned with a smile.  Her cheeks were stained a bit with tears as she cried for ten minutes thinking everyone forgot about her.

  "I thought you wasn't coming" she spoke and wiped her face with the back of her hand. Casmir let out a sigh and helped her wipe her face off then kissed her cheek.

  "I'm so sorry Su, I didn't mean too- I thought Man was gonna pick you up. I don't want you to think that I just forget about you"

  "It's okay Mir Mir" she spoke and hugged him back. She was such a good child for everything she went through. He hoped and prayed everyday that she didn't get fucked  up due to him and Manuel dropping the ball as they raised her. She deserved the world and he knew his dad would've gave it to her, so he tried to at least  give her half of it.

   By the time he got home he was exhausted, up  since 5 am it was now around 7pm and the day wasn't even over. Suhadee was talking a hundred words per second and he just blinked trying not to spaz as she was just a little kid. "Mir Mir?" She finally asked as he held the car door open for her to jump out, "Mir Mir I wanna have a sleep over with some friends from class" great. He thought.

  "Oh yeah?" Was all he could do to respond because he was barely hanging on with the responsibilities he has now, add someone else's kids to the mix? Not to mention it was already hard enough to get kids to come to Suhadee s birthday party last year. It had nothing to do with the little girl expect for the last name she carried, sins of her father. He opened the door for her and a instant mug came on his face seeing dumb, dumber and dumbest sitting around the tv just hanging out. But he was running around town like a idiot? Great.