1.

"Yes sir i understand but I don't agree- you said that I must write a 7-8 page disquisition on current events- I wrote mine on racism, but situational racism- you argue that it's not a current event is the same reason why my argument is so valid. It woven into the way we as a country do everything from job interviews to why most people of color tend to be in poverty" I argued with my professor- I needed this fucking A, I wanted to have a 3.8 gpa by the end of this semester and this professor- this mother fucking dick sucking - stuck up ole mama boy head ass professor was always trying to find a way to lower my gpa.

"Mr.Lucaday"-

"It's Lucade sir" I corrected for what was the 9th time this semester of felt like.

"Yes well, I hear your argument but I also think that the whole racism thing always tries to find its way to be relevant when in the real world it isn't" he started fixing his glasses. I smacked my lips nodding before checking the time. I had some.

"Respectfully you would say that because it's not as blatant as it was back in the Jin crow era, but like stated earlier America was build on racist, sexist ideals the in the end usually only help the white male- these ideals and rules are still the things that run america yet you think racism just went away- most people read the word racism and immediately shut down but my paper isn't one to blame people just  make them aware if they weren't already"

"I will  reread your paper and try to keep an unbiased stand point"

"Thank you nig- sir" I corrected myself before I even had the chance, my phone went off in my pocket and I gave the professor one last smile. "I hope you have a nice spring break" with that I walked out the door and placed my phone to my ear. "What nigga damn? I'm in hea trynna argue for my gotdamn lif yo" I started I already knew who it was- Syrian he was the only one who dared to call my phone with music blasting in the background at 10 am.

"I missed da bus"

"You lanky ass motha fucking bitch" I started as I jogged down the stairs of the main campus. Some heads turned when I walked through the common area cussing Syrian out and I just gave off a warm smile. "This exactly why! Yo ass going to camp! Fuck a damn spring break! I'm finna be home in 20 and yo ass better be waiting outside or Imma shove my hand so far down your throat imma tie yo uvula into a bow and punch it into yo voice box so you can't give me no wack ass excuse no more" with that I hung up and walked out the door of the main building heading towards the parking lot.

I didn't ask to be my siblings legal  guardian. But I also can't remember a time when I wasn't it's been 5 years since my dad was murdered. At first we almost went to foster care- shit Syrain almost went to juvie a couple of times- things didn't get serious until 2 years after that but Manuel fought for us at 20 years old and gained custody. Then when I turned 18 the younger ones responsibility balanced out between both of us. My cousin always does good by us- by my father. He didn't want L4F. But when things got serious- one of my dads best and oldest partners turned to the enemy and told them everything he knew it could only end two ways- them or him.My father has been training Osyris- an kid left a orphan due to drug addiction and the streets like many others. He was caught trying to steal at a corner store when he was 13 for him and his sister. Before they could call the police my father saved him then taught him how to make some money and eventually took him under his wing mentoring him. When NJ my oldest brother got shot I was only 13- that's what started the war between the gangs really- all over some dirty ass street corner. That's when my fathers partner turned- all because he was too greedy.

Anyway my father taught all of us about the business as he called it- we were better off aware then naive. Manuel didn't want to run L4F. He liked being a driver, doing runs- making deals but not the big decisions. Manuel learned quickly as the new oldest he didn't have the luxury of a choice often times. Osyris and my dad had a plan- there was another leak in L4F and they happened to get locked up right after the enemies, the Buccans found out where one of our stash was,who some of our connects where and when some deals where going down. So Osyris went in after him, we had some guys in there- some people like family, we had some enemies that we atleast knew where against us, he went to see who we didn't know was against us. 5 months later they got my dad. Osyris who was facing 2 years, got more added onto his sentence after hearing that news. He didn't take the death that well. So that left Manuel to run L4F until he got out. If he ever did. I never wanted anything to do with L4F. I wanted to get far away from here, they took my brother, they took my father- from all the stuff my mother seen on the streets it left her in a mental institution- it left families broken, it changed the way you see the world, exposed you too to much at a young age. I didn't want that in my life forever- I love my father, he made a good life for us, but he's gone- I don't want this to be all I know- all my siblings know- so I went to school.