Snack

Tressa carried Blue to the cafeteria. Blue was silent, seemingly lost in his own little world. He sucked on his pacifier quietly, his head laid on Tressa's shoulder. 

"We're here, sweetheart," Tressa said softly. Blue snapped back into reality, the fuzziness partially receding. He looked up at Tressa and nodded. Tressa frowned, but didn't say anything. She had hoped he would stay regressed a little longer so they could start to get to know Little Blue.

She set him down on his feet. He took out his pacifier and handed it to Tressa, who put it in a case to keep it clean. 

"What would you like to eat, baby?" Tressa asked, grabbing a tray for the two of them. 

"Uhh..." Blue thought for a moment, looking through the options. Due to it still being morning, many were breakfast foods still. "Honeydew, and a muffin?"

"That sounds good," Tressa praised, placing a small bowl of honeydew on the tray and a blueberry muffin. She grabbed herself a bowl of strawberries and a granola bar. "What would you like to drink?"

"M-Milk," Blue said softly, feeling a slight bit of anger flare up at the struggle to speak. Tressa didn't seem to take notice, placing a sippy cup of milk on the tray. Blue was a little surprised, but didn't comment, as the idea didn't seem too bad. Tressa grabbed herself some tea before the two left the line.

"Oh! There you are, loves!" Mary called from a table in a corner. Due to the time, the cafeteria was relatively quiet, thankfully. The two sat down at the table. Tressa smiled at Mary and Margo, while Blue just fidgeted with the straps on his overalls. "How did it go?"

Tressa took a deep breath, handing Blue his food. "Poor thing... He has a lot going on."

Mary frowned, sipping her tea.

"What's going on with him?" Margo asked.

"He needs to see a developmental specialist, a mental health specialist, and two appointments are scheduled with Angela for chronic pain and poor immune system. He also needs a specialized plan through the Daycare. Overall, there's a lot more than what's on the surface going on," Tressa explained, struggling to recall all the appointments. 

Both Mary and Margo nodded. Blue had stopped listening halfway through, focused on his food. 

"Poor lad," Mary said softly. She turned to Blue. "How's your food, dearie?"

Blue jumped, dropping a piece of his honeydew. His eyes teared up as it fell on the floor.

"Oh! I'm sorry love," Mary cooed. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"'s ok," Blue said softly, picking up another piece of honeydew and eating it. "Food's yummy."

"I'm glad! Now, let's get finished up so we can go shopping," Mary said excitedly. Blue nodded apprehensively.

"For Blue?" Blue asked, unsure where the childish question had come from.

"Yes, love. All for Blue," Mary reassured. Blue clapped his hands excitedly, before finishing off his muffin.