Early Morning

The next day, Blue found himself awake bright and early. He found that he could not sleep in due to his change of environment. He carefully got himself out of bed, pulling down the sleeves of his pajamas. They were old and worn, just as much of his things were, but they worked. He opened his door slowly, before sneaking out of his room.

He went slowly toward the kitchen, planning on getting himself some water. However, when he entered the kitchen, he heard a voice call out to him.

"Blue?" He froze in his steps. He slowly turned toward the voice, seeing Mary sitting down at the table. He gave a small smile. Mary smiled back. "Hey darlin... What are you doing up so early?" 

"Couldn't sleep in," he said truthfully. "Been waking up early lately."

"Ah. Would you like to join me for a cuppa, dearie?" Mary asked, holding up her cup to emphasize her point. Blue nodded slowly, the tension leaving his body. "What kind do you fancy?" 

"Oh uh..." Blue froze up again. "Err... Do you uh... Have mint?"

"Oh, of course, dear. Anything in your tea?" Mary asked, pouring steaming water from a kettle into a cup. She placed a tea bag into the cup, as she didn't know whether or not Blue could handle the strength of the leaves directly. 

"Honey?" Blue asked. Mary nodded, adding a spoonful of honey to the cup. She set it in front of him. He went to reach for it, but Mary stopped him.

"It's quite hot, love. I don't want you burning yourself," Mary said softly. Blue nodded, putting his hands back on his lap. 

"Uh..." Blue started.

"Hm?" Mary hummed, encouraging him to talk.

"W-What time is it?" Blue asked. 

"It's around 6:30, so quite early," Mary explained. Blue nodded, before taking a careful sip of his tea. It was good, better than anything he had ever made. "Tressa and Margo will be up around 7:15. Tress has a doctor's appointment for you to figure out your meds."

Blue looked down, nodding again. He put his sleeve in his mouth, chewing slightly. Mary took notice. 

"Oh, would you like to try a paci, dearie?" Mary asked. Blue blushed, looking down at his sleeve and back at her. Slowly, he removed his sleeve and nodded. "I'll grab one for you. Sit tight."

Blue sat still, fiddling with his now wet sleeve. He didn't like the feeling of the wet sleeve on his skin. He rolled his sleeve up, before rolling up the other to make them equal. Mary returned after a few minutes with a plain white pacifier. She handed it to him.

Blue turned it over in his hands for a minute. He slowly placed it in his mouth, before giving an experimental suckle. Blue smiled behind his pacifier.

"Do you like that, love?" Mary asked, smiling warmly. Blue nodded, feeling contented. "Do you want to watch something on TV?"

Blue shook his head firmly. He took out his pacifiers. "Don't like TVs. Too noisy and bright."

"Oh, I understand, love. What about a tablet?" Mary asked. Blue nodded, popping his pacifier back into his mouth. He flapped his hands excitedly. "Alright. You go get comfy on the couch. I'll go grab it."

Blue nodded, walking over to the couch. He climbed on, laying on his stomach facing on of the armrest. He hated sitting, as it was hard to maintain a good posture for him, so if he could lay on his stomach or stand, he would. 

Mary returned quickly, handing him the tablet. Disney+ was pulled up. Blue looked around for a moment, before selecting Bluey. He kicked his legs happily as he watched his show, suckling on his pacifier. If this is what being a Little meant, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.