Doctor's Appointment

Blue followed Tressa back to his room. 

"Do you want to wear something Little or Big? Or maybe in between?" Tressa asked, opening the dresser.

Blue thought for a moment. "Between?"

"Of course, baby. Want me to choose or would you like to choose?" Tressa asked. Blue fidgeted for a moment, before pointing to Tressa. "Ok honey. I'll do my best."

Blue sat down on the bed and waited while Tressa chose an outfit for him. By the end, she chose a dark blue pair of overalls with a light and dark blue striped long sleeve shirt. She also picked out a white pair of socks to go with Blue's dark blue tennis shoes. Blue smiled, clapping his hands slightly at the outfit. 

"Do you like that, sweetheart?" Tressa asked, amused. Blue nodded. "Do you need help getting dressed?" Blue blushed and nodded.

"Buttons are hard," Blue said softly. 

***

After getting dressed, Blue and Tressa headed back to the kitchen.

"Awh, don't you look adorable," Mary cooed. Blue blushed and fidgeted. 

"We need to be heading out if we want to make it on time," Tressa said. Blue nodded, waving to Mary and Margo on his way out. "Hold my hand, honey."

Blue looked at her questioningly. 

"I don't want you to wander off. Can you hold my hand?" Tressa asked. Blue nodded, holding out his hand. Tressa took it, and they continued on toward the school's small clinic. 

When they arrived, Dr. Ziegler brought them in immediately. 

"Thank goodness you're here," Dr. Ziegler said. "I was looking over his medical history, and it's quite concerning."

"How so?" Tressa asked worriedly. Dr. Ziegler sighed.

"It would seem that many things got overlooked during Blue's initial evaluation. Such as the fact that he has a developmental disability, chronic pain, consistent mental health problems, and a low immune system," Dr. Ziegler explained. Tressa took a deep breath. "There's also many medications in his system that are not meant to be there."

"That's... What I came to talk about," Tressa said, releasing her breath. Dr. Ziegler turned to Blue, who seemed to be staring at the floor.

"Darling, what do you know about your body and mind?" Dr. Ziegler asked softly.

"I-I know they hurt sometimes. I know I get sick a lot. I know that I've always seen things differently than everyone else. And... I know my mind is too loud and too fast," Blue said, his thoughts already started to feel jumbled. Tressa pulled his pacifier out of her bag, handing it to him. Blue carefully placed it in his mouth, suckling anxiously. 

"What do you think we should do?" Tressa asked.

"I would like to schedule appointments to look at each of these problems individually. I would like to make a referral to a developmental and mental health specialist, an appointment to discuss the pain, and another to discuss the immune system issues. I also would like for Blue to receive a specialized plan through the Daycare Program," Dr. Ziegler explained. Tressa nodded. 

"Thank you. Is there anything else we can do?" Tressa asked.

"Nothing can be done at the moment aside from supporting him through this transition period," Dr. Ziegler said. 

"Of course, thank you," Tressa said, smiling. She looked down, only to find Blue hugging her tightly with tears in his eyes. "Oh baby... That was a lot of information for your little mind, wasn't it? Come on, let's go get a snack. Do you want me to carry you?"

Blue nodded, feeling a fuzzy feeling starting to creep into his brain.