~•▪︎{Chapter 17}▪︎•~

"Finally!" Akutagawa heard Tachihara shout in relief. "We're out that stupid book!" Gin smiled at him and then looked at Akutagawa, who was just staring ahead. She bit her lip and came up to him. "Ryu?" She slightly shook him by the arm, and Akutagawa looked at her. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Aren't you happy we're out the novel now?" Gin asks him, and Akutagawa nodded. "Yeah, I am." He replied, and Gin squinted her eyes. "Is this about the weretiger?" She questioned.

"What? No it's not." Akutagawa denied, shaking his head. Gin scoffs. "And you call me gay for Higuchi." She muttered. "That's because YOU ARE." Akutagawa argued, rolling his eyes. "And YOU'RE gay for the weretiger." Gin argued back. "Don't act like Chuuya hasn't told me about that time he walked into you two."

"I was never here." Akutagawa finally said, walking off, embarrassed.

"Hey! Where are you going?! That isn't the way to..." Gin called out before Akutagawa was out her sight, and she groaned. Tachihara came up to her. "What's up with him?" He asked, and Gin shrugged. "Gay awakening." She simply replied, and Tachihara gave her a confused expression. "For who?"

"The book's mur-"

"THE WERETIGER?!" Tachihara exclaimed, shocked. Everyone looked at him. Higuchi walked up to him, tapping his arm. "Tachihara be a littler quiet-"

Tachihara grabbed Higuchi's shoulders and started shaking her. "BUT AKUTAGAWA IS GAY FOR THE WERETIGER, ISN'T THAT A PROBLEM FOR YOU?"

Higuchi froze and Gin groaned. Why can't she be obsessed over me and not my brother... Like he's clearly gay. It's not shocking.

Gin put on a smile and slaps Higuchi's back. "Hey, Higuchi, why don't we both do something together to forget about this?" She suggested, and Higuchi looked at her. "Oh, sure."

"Great! Let's go." Gin was about to walk off with Higuchi before someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and it was Chuuya. "Oh, hi, Chuuya, need something?"

Chuuya nods. "Yeah, do you know which way Akutagawa went?"

~•▪︎•~

"What are you doing here?" Atsushi exaggerated, standing up. Fyodor chuckles. "Seems like you had no idea that I got trapped here as well." He grinned.

Atsushi scoffs. "Yeah, I had no idea. Why are you here? Only the Agency and the Mafia were trapped here. Did you murder Akutagawa's sister and Yosano? Were you the one that killed me? How are you in prison? Why haven't you left this novel?" Atsushi was already questioning.

"Woah, calm down with the questions." Fyodor says. "I'll answer them."

"You better."

"First, I got no idea how I got here. Once I was in the real world and next I was surrounded by a bunch of dead people, holding a knife, and police cars around me."

"So that's how you got here?" Atsushi asked, and Fyodor nods, smiling. "Correct."

"Next," Fyodor continued, and he stared at Atsushi. "I have killed you, and the other two you were talking about." He looked at Atsushi, who seemed pissed. "If you cause a scene you're going to be in a different cell, you know that right?"

"Actually, I would love to be in a different cell than you. I don't want to be stuck with you." Atsushi says, and Fyodor glared at him.

"If we're in different cells then neither of us will go back to the real world."

Atsushi froze. "What?" He muttered. "Yep, that's correct." Fyodor shrugged. "So you're going to have to deal with it."
He said. Atsushi pressed his lips together, tugging at his shirt. "You still haven't answered my last question." He said, and Fyodor looked back at him.

"Sorry? You asked too many questions at once I wasn't able to catch up on them."

"Why haven't you left the novel yet? I'm supposed to be the only one who's still stuck here." Atsushi asked, and Fyodor smiled. "Simple, I'm a second murderer and I'm the one getting both of us out of here."

Atsushi's eyes widen. "So, you can get us out of here? Do you know how?" He asked, and Fyodor nodded. "Yeah."

"Then do it!" Atsushi shook Fyodor by the shoulders. "I want to get out of here." He said, and Fyodor sighed. "Oh, no, it's too early for that now."

Atsushi groaned and sat back on the floor. "How long left?" He asked. Fyodor taps his chin. "Mm, maybe, two days?"

"Are you joking?"

"Nope."

"Ugh, whatever." Atsushi looked the other way. This is going to be annoying.

~•▪︎•~

After walking for so long, Chuuya found Akutagawa on the street, sitting down on a bench.

"Hey, Akutagawa." Chuuya called out to Akutagawa, who looked back. "Chuuya..." Akutagawa muttered. "What are you doing here?" He asked. Chuuya stood next to him. "Checking on you. You've been looking extra depressed when we left, and your sister thinks it's because of the were tiger." Akutagawa sighed. "I know..."

"And she told Tachihara that you had a gay awakening and then Tachihara screamed 'THE WERETIGER?' and he told Higuchi and then she froze. Then your sister tried to get her attention." Chuuya explained, and Akutagawa made a face. "Does Higuchi like me that much?"

"Yup, she pretty much does." Chuuya answered and Akutagawa chuckled. "And Gin likes her."

Chuuya sat next to him. "Anyway, back to the topic, why are you so upset of the weretiger? You miss him or something?" He questioned.

"Well, Atsushi, he..." Akutagawa started, and Chuuya looked at him. "You call him Atsushi now?" he asks, and Akutagawa doesn't reply. "Sorry, continue." Chuuya apologised.

"Atsushi told me something just before Edogawa came in." Akutagawa said, and Chuuya gave him a look. "It was about my distraction..." he pauses. "Was it that 'I love you' thing?" Chuuya asks. Akutagawa nods. "So, it was obviously a lie, and Atsushi knew that. And he sort of... got mad that it was a lie. I don't know why he did, but he did."

Chuuya scoffs, looking forward and crossing his legs. "I think it's very obvious."

What do you mean? Akutagawa thought, but staying silent.

"I still remember when I walked into you two." Chuuya chuckled, and Akutagawa covered his face with his hands. Chuuya looked at him and sighed. "You can't blame me for bringing it up, if you saw someone pinning someone else to a bed you would obviously be shocked and bring it up."

"I would never even let it cross my mind..."

"We're different, ok?" Chuuya argued. "Anyway, don't worry about your cru-"

"No he's not." Akutagawa interrupted, and Chuuya rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Don't worry about the were tiger, he'll come back as soon as Fyodor kills him." He said, putting his arm around Akutagawa, who nods. "Alright..."