~•▪︎{Prolouge}▪︎•~

Another day of work. Ranpo yawned as he nibbled a chocolate bar. The wind flew around aggressively, and the sky was dark. And another case solved. To be honest, it's getting kind of boring. He turned around and was heading away from the building.

"Are you going, Ranpo?" He turns around and sees Atsushi peeking from the door, interrupting his thoughts. "Oh, yes I am." Ranpo smiles, taking a large bite of his chocolate bar. Not home. I'm going to visit Poe's. He took a glance at Atsushi, who smiled sweetly.

"Alright! Also, have you seen Kyouka?" Atsushi asked, looking behind him. "I haven't seen her anywhere." Ranpo starts walking, "She's just talking with Dazai. I'll he going now." He replies and quickly walks off. "Bye!" Atsushi waves as he goes inside the building, looking for Kyouka and Dazai.

~•▪︎•~

poe <333

POE IM HERE >:))) ~

~ Coming, Ranpo Dear.

Poe opens the door and smiles at Ranpo. Karl sat on his shoulder, straightening his back and staring at Ranpo.

"Hello, R-"
"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII."

Ranpo hugs Poe, who hugs him back. Karl stared at Ranpo weirdly, and jumped to the floor. Letting him go, Ranpo went in and Poe closes the door, Karl and Ranpo going in. Ranpo coughs and then his tone becomes more serious. "So, how's the novel?" Poe grins and walks to a table, Ranpo following him from behind. He picks up a thick book. "It's finished."

Ranpo's face brightened, clapping his hands excitedly. "I don't even need to check if it's good, I already know it's gonna be perfect." Poe blushed a little. "Thank you..." he places the book back on the table. Karl jumps on his shoulder, Poe picking him up. Ranpo looked at the raccoon and smiled. "Hey, Karl!" Karl's expression softens and Poe smiled.

"Anyway, I set the meeting between the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia. You trap them in the book with me." Ranpo orders, tapping the book twice.

"With you??" Poe looks at Ranpo, confused.

"Yes. To be fair, there's no point doing this if we don't know what we caused to happen. I'll inform you on everything."

"Ohh, alright." Poe nods. Ranpo smiled at him and takes a step back. "Is that clear?"

"Yeah."

~•▪︎•~

"Atsushi."

"Yes, Kyouka?" Atsushi asks, looking at Kyouka. "I'm going to buy groceries. So I will be coming home late." She explained, pointing at the nearest supermarket. "What, why though?" Atsushi asked, confused. "I already bought everything two days ago." He scratched his head. Kyouka scoffs. "Yeah you bought stuff. Only stuff to make TEA ON RICE. You didn't buy anything else other than that and I don't understand if that's the only thing I can survive on."

"Oh...um, yeah, sorry about that..." Atsushi chuckles awkwardly, putting his hands behind his back. "I just really like it..." He blushed in embarrassment, looking away. Kyouka rolls her eyes. "It's fine, we can all have favourite meals that we're addicted to. Anyway, I might be home late."

"That's fine. I want to do something anyway." Atsushi and Kyouka go different ways away from their apartment. "And also, don't get killed!" Atsushi warned. Kyouka smiled.

He walks up to a road where an incident took place not too long ago.

The place where his headmaster died.

He wanted to go there because he didn't have a particularly good time. Because his headmaster is still in his head. But other than that, he just wanted some time to himself.

He sat on a bench and sighed.

Suddenly, a few coughs interrupted his thoughts. Atsushi recognised the person immediatly. I've been paired with him long enough to know how his annoying coughs sounds like. Atsushi groans and gets up, looking to his left. "What do you want?" He grunts, staring at Akutagawa, who actually just noticed Atsushi.

"I just wanted to take a walk. I didn't even notice you. Sadly, here I am talking to you because you noticed me." Akutagawa replies, rolling his eyes. Atsushi glares at him. I swear I hate him so much. Akutagawa coughed again.

"Hey, Jinko, why do you think the smart detective in your agency is starting a meeting between the mafia and the agency?" He asked. Atsushi shrugs. "He said there was another case an it would be better for the mafia and agency to team up on it." He explains, staring ahead of him.

Akutagawa nods. "I just hope I don't get paired or teamed up with you."

"Same here. I really hate you."

"Do you think I don't either?"

Atsushi ignores Akutagawa and walks off. "I'm going. See you tomorrow, I guess."

"Bye, Jinko."