~•▪︎{Chapter 15}▪︎•~

Fukuzawa immediately rushed to the hospital, after receiving the news of Ranpo waking up from the serum.

"He'll be released from the hospital tomorrow and return as we still need to do some checking up." the doctor informed. Fukuzawa nodded and smiled, looking at Ranpo's glasses, which he'd put on. He had already figured everything out, of course.

When the doctor took his leave, Ranpo looks at Fukuzawa and smiles. "I'll tell you tomorrow." he said before Fukuzawa was going to ask who the murderer was. He sighed, resting his hands on his lap. "Of course."

"Also, could you do me a favour?" Ranpo questions, and Fukuzawa nods. "Tell the others I'm coming in two days. Not tomorrow."

Fukuzawa only gave him a look but didn't question it, so he simply agreed. After all, Ranpo's the world's greatest detective.

~•▪︎•~

"Ranpo woke up?!" Dazai exaggerated, Chuuya being jumpscared by the sudden shout. "Dammit, you shithead! Say that a little quieter..." Chuuya muttered, rolling his eyes while Dazai continue with his phone call.

As soon as he ended the call, Dazai looks at Chuuya, smiling. "Ra-"

"Yeah, I know. Edogowa woke up. You literally screamed that in my ear." Chuuya interrupted, but Dazai kept his smile anyway. "So he's coming in two days!"

"Hm, two days you say?" Chuuya smirked, stretching his arms. "Good. I don't want to stay here any longer. I've already had enough of you."

"Rude..." Dazai pouted, before he got up. "I'm gonna go tell some people." He said, and Chuuya nodded before Dazai left, leaving the door open.

I don't think he's coming in two days. Chuuya thought. He's trying to trick the murderer, probably. But how? He sighed as he got up and closed the door. Guess I shouldn't question it.

~•▪︎•~

Arriving back from his walk, Atsushi entered the hotel and went up the stairs, taking off his coat. He noticed Dazai walking around the hotel, talking to people from the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia. What is he telling everyone?

He went to his hotel room and opened the door, seeing Akutagawa on his bed, eyes glued to his phone. Atsushi couldn't help but noticed he was actually dressing like a normal person for once. What a rare sight to see. He chuckled to himself.

Akutagawa looked up from his screen. "Hello, Jinko." he said. "Hi Akuta-" Atsushi was going to reply, before he got interrupted with a sigh. "I hate to say this, but just call me Ryunosuke since we're roommates." Akutagawa says, with a hint of regret in his voice. "But ONLY for this novel. Once we get out of here I don't want my first name to cross your mind."

Atsushi was too stunned to speak or move. "I never expected that you would ever say that." Atsushi admitted, letting out a laugh. Akutagawa scoffs. "Whatever. It just bothers me that the person I see twenty four seven is my enemy."

Looking back at the door, Atsushi looks at Akutagawa and asked, "Also, what's Dazai telling everyone?" he cupped his chin. "Oh, Dazai just gotten a call from your president that Edogawa has woken up from his sleep serum coma, or whatever, and that he's arriving in two days."

"He was supposed to be asleep for two months."

Akutagawa looked at Atsushi, confused at his sudden statememt. "What? Oh, yeah, but seems like the estimation was wrong, and he woke up a month earlier." he said. Atsushi smiled. "That's great. We'll finally be able to leave."

Akutagawa smiled back.

~•▪︎•~

The Next Day

"Hey, Ryunosuke, where are you going?" Atsushi asked Akutagawa when was leaving the room, and he turned back to him. "Oh, I'm going to visit Gin." he replied, and Atsushi nods. Unfortunately for them, Dazai was eavesdropping behind his door.

"Atsushi?! Akutagawa allowed you to call him by his first name?!" Dazai exaggerates, putting on a fake shocked dramatic voice. "H-Huh?!" Atsushi exclaimed, surprised by Dazai's sudden appearance. "Until we get out of here! That's what he said."

"Yeah, it's true." Akutagawa confirms, calmly. "Hm, if you say so." Dazai says, pulling his phone out, receiving a text. His eyes shot up at Atsushi, and then Akutagawa.

He watched as Akutagawa went down the stairs and out the hotel to visit Gin.

Enjoy your last time visiting your sister.

~•▪︎•~

When Akutagawa came back, he saw Atsushi near the staircase, his left foot on the first step. He decided to rush to him, for whatever reason. "Hey, Jinko." He called out, and Atsushi turned around. "Oh hello, Ryunosuke."

They both begin to walk together to their room, and when they arrived Atsushi closed the door behind them. Akutagawa was going to walk to his bed until Atsushi called out his name.

"Akutagawa."

Huh? Akutagawa turned around, only to see a gun being pointed at him and Atsushi glaring at him.