little bit tipsy

~Dione~

I got off the counter and moved around the house trying to find Jada. She hadn't responded to any of my texts so I thought I'd go look for her.

I walked to the back garden where the pool was and I saw her sitting next to the pool with a boy. They were both laughing at something when I walked over.

"Oh hey D! You can go ahead and head home now if you want cause I was just leaving with this one," she says, giggling.

"Okay, that's fine. Be safe, I'm only one call away if you need me." I say, hugging her tightly before she walks off with him.

I decided to stay for a bit longer, taking off my shoes and sitting by the edge of the pool. The night air was cool against my skin, a contrast from the heat of the day.

As I stared at the reflections on the water, I was pulled from my thoughts by the sound of footsteps approaching. I turned my head to find a guy walking towards me. His dark hair was casually styled, and he had a relaxed smile on his face.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, gesturing to the empty spot next to me.

I shrugged, offering a small smile in return. "Sure, go ahead."

He settled into the spot beside me, letting out a sigh. "Nice to get away from the craziness for a bit, right?"

I chuckled softly. "Definitely. It's a bit much sometimes."

He extended his hand towards me. "I'm Damien, by the way."

I shook his hand, introducing myself. "Dione."

"So, Dione, new around here?" Damien asked, curiosity evident in his eyes.

"Yeah, just transferred here recently," I replied, finding myself engaging in conversation more naturally than I had expected.

Damien nodded. "Cool. Well, welcome to the wild world of college parties."

We both laughed. It was strange how easy it was to talk to Damien, a complete stranger who seemed genuinely friendly.

As the conversation flowed, Damien's eyes drifted to the pool, a glint of mischief in them. "You ever play beer pong?"

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the question. "Beer pong? Yeah, I've heard of it."

He grinned. "Well, there's a game going on over there. Wanna join me? We can make a killer team."

I hesitated for a moment, my instinctual introverted side warring with the desire to step out of my comfort zone. The party atmosphere and the idea of joining a group of strangers for a game were both intimidating, but there was something about Damien's laid-back demeanour that put me at ease.

"Alright, why not?" I said with a shrug, surprising myself with my willingness to try something new.

Damien's grin widened as he stood up, offering his hand to help me up. "Awesome! Let's show them how it's done."

As we walked towards the beer pong table, I couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. The music was louder here, the energy infectious, and the group gathered around the table was a mix of familiar faces from the party. Damien and I grabbed a couple of cups, and he explained the rules to me, his enthusiasm contagious.

As the game progressed, I found myself getting lost in the competition and the laughter. Damien's easygoing nature made it easy to forget my initial reservations.

We played round after round, feeling myself get more and more drunk after each one. Damien and I made a surprisingly good team, high-fiving with each successful shot. The carefree atmosphere of the game contrasted with the earlier tension I had felt at the party, and I found myself enjoying the moment in ways I hadn't anticipated.