Obstacles in the Way

The moment (Y/N) steps outside of the base, a shiver goes down her spine. What...

"Found you, traitor!"

Ah... I should've seen this coming...

The girl leaps out of the way of an incoming sword, and soundlessly lands on top of a roof nearby. ​​​​​​

"How dare you betray our trust like that?!"

She turns around to face a woman with long black hair tied back in a ponytail, wearing the standard Soul Reaper Shihakusho. Bandages cover both of her forearms, and in her right hand is held a Zanpakuto. (Y/N) recognizes this woman as a member of Squad 4 after her frequent visit in the past. Anger is written all over the woman's face, a complete contrast to the person (Y/N) got to know these past few days.

"Have you been planning this all along?!" the woman asks as she stands across from the girl on another rooftop.

(Y/N) doesn't answer, opting to stare at her blankly instead. It isn't until a few moments later, does she say, "Fuyuko-san."

"Don't talk to me." The woman, named Fuyuko Amano, points her sword at the girl as a sharp glare adorns her expression. "Will you surrender yourself? Or will you fight me till you fall?"

The girl closes her eyes. There's no point in negotiating now... Her hand goes to the hilt of her sword.

She opens her eyes. "Is that even a question?"

Amano smirks before readying her stance. "Come at me, then."

(Y/N) unsheathes her own katana, brandishing it and bringing it in front of her with a trail of fire. The blade of the katana itself is now laced with flame-like motifs, and now, in her hands, the patterns glow. The (h/c)-ette falls into a stance.

Both females launch themselves into the air. The sound of metals clashing resounds and a bright spark is created between the two of them, catching the attention of other Soul Reapers in the vicinity.

The warriors pull away, landing on the ground. But they waste no time. Almost immediately after, they jump onto each other again. This time, (Y/N) exerts more of her strength, pushing Amano backwards and twisting her katana as a way to disarm her opponent.

But the noirette puts up a fight herself. Despite grunting when she feels overpowered by the girl, her grip is strong on the hilt of her own sword so it won't slip. A kick is sent to the girl's stomach, where said girl instantly evades by flipping herself over the woman. 

Now standing behind Amano, (Y/N) sees this as a chance to attack. But as she lunges in, she finds her heart beating so fast that she feels like it will jump out of her chest. She almost hyperventilates right there and then, so she intentionally misses her hit before kicking the woman in the ribs.

Amano crashes against the wall, cracking it and making a slight dent. (Y/N) stands on guard even when her opponent looks stunned. However, soon after, she is up and running again with a snarl.

"I will be the one to bring you to the Head Captain himself!" Blades clash. "So he knows that it is a mistake to let you stay here from the start!"

Rage is filling Amano up to the point that she can perhaps set something ablaze already with her eyes alone. This intense emotion becomes a layer that covers up every other rationality she has, and she relentlessly attacks the girl. Clash after clash after clash. She doesn't stop to give herself nor her opponent a break.