The Head Captain of the Gotei 13

Rukia has a hard time believing how determined (Y/N) is to save her friends' life. On Uryu's neck, she sees the mark of the phoenix tattooed across it, meaning that the girl's ability is taking effect. No doubt it is starting to work on Ichigo, as well.

And this means she has nothing to worry about for them both as she leaves the World of the Living. But as she stares at the still unconscious girl in her brother's arms, she can't help but feel that by taking (Y/N) with them will trigger the anger of both boys. And this in turn...might trigger something else entirely...

***

The moment her eyes flicker open, all she sees is a ceiling, while all she feels is the softness of a bed.

Hold up. A bed?

Frowning to herself, she abruptly sits, only to groan at the stiffness she feels across her whole body. More so is the pain on the back of her neck. But hey, she really is lying on a bed. But this isn't her room. This isn't... This isn't her world, either. She can feel it in her bones.

So where is this? Where is she? Wait- Is this...Soul Society? Is she already in Soul Society? How long has she been here?

Oh no! She is going to miss school! And it is supposed to be the last day before summer vacation, too! Argh, damn all these Soul Reapers... But it might be partly her fault since she didn't stay low or run away when she was faced with those guys...

Then, a crucial thought strikes her.

Is Rukia all right? Is Ichigo okay? Is Uryu safe? How are they? Where are they?

Her train of thought is interrupted by a fit of coughing from herself. This fit lasts for around 10 seconds and it leaves her breathless afterwards.

She can't stay here. She has to go.

"Ah, you're awake?"

A soft-spoken young man has entered the room. When her eyes land on him, he casts his own gaze downwards. He seems a bit flustered and so timid. (Y/N) can't help but to compare him to someone she once knew...

"Are you feeling...all right, now? I-If so, someone is waiting for you outside."

Imagine how bitter she feels when the person who is waiting for her turns out to be the same person she has been taunting for the past two chapters.

"Don't get me wrong," Renji raises his arms in surrender. "I am not happy with this arrangement, either."

"And you think I am?"

"What's with you? Are you always this grumpy around everyone else? What does Rukia even see in you for her to be so close to you?"

"I am a lot of things, Abarai-san, and perhaps one of those things caught Rukia-san's eye. To be honest, I like being close to her, too. In fact, we're closer than you think."

Since she is the one walking in front of the redhead, he can't see her shit-eating grin. But that doesn't stop him from death-staring her. She is aware that she is being glared at and she doesn't mind it one bit.

"And no. For the record, you are the only one who has managed to make my blood boil to this point yet. Which is an incredible feat but I don't feel like congratulating you."

"I-"

"How about you keep your mouth shut, Abarai-san, and quietly bring me to wherever it is you are taking me?"

The passive-aggressive way (Y/N) keeps talking to him is starting to really get on his nerves. He isn't oblivious. He knows very well that she is angry. But he can't cause havoc here just because he lost his temper with a mere girl. What will he say to his captain? Or the Head Captain himself?