Buried Secrets

The following day sees our protagonist sleeping in late since it is not a school day. Her wound has healed, thus allowing her to fall into a deep sleep. But everything changes when a notification sound pops up from her phone.

(Y/N)'s room is dark since she hasn't pulled the curtains aside yet, so when she grabs for her phone, she is almost blinded by the light from said object. When she narrows her eyes, she sees a message from Orihime, asking her to accompany her when grocery shopping on that day. Why the girl suddenly wants to invite her along, she doesn't even know. Despite her mind telling her to say 'no', her heart refuses to turn down the redhead's offer. A short 'ok' is sent before she can stop herself.

You

Ok

Inoue-san

Yatta! I'll wait for you in front of your house at 8:30!

With a heavy heart, (Y/N) has to leave the comforting fluffiness of her bed and get herself ready for the sudden outing. After washing herself up, she grabs a white, long-sleeved shirt with cuffs on her wrists, a checkered brown plaid skirt, a brown belt and a pair of black loafers as her outfit for the day.

Her whole outfit doesn't make her seem like someone who's going on a simple casual outing with her friend at all. What more is the fact that she was reluctant to get out of bed earlier. But one thing about (Y/N) is that she likes to dress up. That is...if she feels like it. Lest she'll just throw a t-shirt on and whichever pairs with it.

Anyways, true to her words, Orihime is waiting for her in front of the gates exactly at half past eight.

"Woah," she awes when (Y/N) walks out with a brown bag slung on her shoulder. "You're really well-dressed for this, (Y/N)-chan."

Said girl refuses to make eye contact and looks aside. Her hand goes to the nape of her neck as embarrassment creeps into her heart.

"You look great, though!" the redhead adds. "This style suits you. Well, anything does, really, but this outfit fits you a lot."

"Can we...move along...?" (Y/N) asks, still not making eye contact with her classmate.

"Oh, right! Let's go!"

The walk doesn't stay silent, of course. Orihime is quick to have a conversation with her, asking her questions and talking about random things. She is fine with it. This is what she expects after all. Walking with a quiet Orihime will feel awkward and not normal at all.

"Say, you look a lot better today, (Y/N)-chan," the girl mentions. "Compared to yesterday. You looked like a zombie!"

"Well, Kurosaki-san said that, too."

"Did he? He's right, y'know?" Then, her eyes land on the shop in front of them. "Ah! Here's our stop."

And there they are, at the local grocery. Orihime admitted that there isn't much that she wants to buy, so they don't have to separate to find different things. Rather, the girl actually wants to talk to (Y/N) since they haven't been able to do that for the past few days; thus, why she thinks that it is a good idea to invite her along. Soon enough, everything is paid and they are on their way home.

"You know, (Y/N)-chan."

"Hm?"

"I had the strange feeling like I was being watched last night."

The (h/c)-ette perks up. "Really? How so?"

"I don't know. But I felt like something was watching me in my room last night..."