C5: The Factory Manager's Hardwork

"Shining shining! Pickup! Brave go forward, shining girl! Shining shining! Pickup! Dreams will come true today!"

[T/N: I am losing braincells on how to make this one flow better, bear with me QAQ]

As the first episode of the show aired, the program had already risen to become the top-rated variety show. The theme song of "Idol New Force," "Shining Girl," had also become incredibly popular across the internet due to its lively melody and catchy lyrics.

However, unlike the viewers, this lively and catchy song felt like a curse to the contestants who were about to face the first round of assessments.

From the first time they heard this song to learning the entire singing and dancing performance, the contestants had only twenty-four hours. For most trainees, this was a daunting challenge. Even the Class A contestants had their own shortcomings.

For instance, the dance champion Wang Yuqiang could get through the choreography in one go, but she couldn't remember the lyrics for the second verse no matter what. She confessed that her brain could only hold up to forty Chinese characters, and even one more character was beyond its capacity!

Su Jing, who had become a strong candidate for the center position after the first episode, could sing the song fine on its own, and she could dance fine on its own. However, when it came to putting them together—well, excuse me, but my body and mouth have their own ideas, they don't follow my commands!

The rapper and little witch, Cici, had an even more serious problem. She was just too cool! Cooler than Su Jing even! This sweet idol song was practically torture for her, and she showed no expression throughout the whole thing!

Among the Class A contestants, only Zhou Xinlei, who had previous debut experience, was comfortable. After Zhou gave guidance to Su Jing and the others, she even managed to help two "aunties" that they picked up at the door. Since they got some guidance from Gao Bing and received a lesson from Zhou Xinlei, who was experienced on stage, by the time it was the F-class dance lesson in the afternoon, these "aunties" had undergone a tremendous transformation.

Gao Bing didn't expect that in just half a day, these two would improve so quickly. Especially Shen Qi, who clearly put in a lot of effort, combining her hands and brain, learning at a rocket's pace, she was already capable of leading others. Gao Bing loved diligent people the most, and she couldn't help but praise her in front of the whole class.

Due to the limited time of twenty-four hours, the guidance from the instructors was actually quite scarce. Some people crowded around Gao Bing to ask questions, while others who couldn't get close to the instructor went to consult the "aunties."

"Teacher Shen, how did you improve so quickly? Do you have any secrets?"

"Yes, do you want to learn?"

"Yes, yes!" A group of hands shot up!

Shen Qi then stepped onto a small stool, looking like a leader of a pyramid scheme. She was already surrounded by a circle of believers, and when she spoke, it irritated them enough to exclaim, "It's very simple! The reason is that I used my lunch break to listen to Class A by the corner. I learned it one more time than all of you!"

Everyone: Hey director, this person is really unpredictable! She's openly playing tricks and exposing herself, how are we supposed to diss her now?

Shen Qi, however, straightforwardly continued, "Then I made a major discovery. I found out—learning from certain individuals puts less pressure on you compared to learning from Teacher Gao."

Suddenly, Gao Bing, who was getting dissed: ???

"Why?" Someone was curious.

Shen Qi said with a pained expression, "Because—Teacher Gao is too beautiful! When she teaches, I'm too busy daydreaming, I can't remember the moves at all!"