Chapter 6

Toni

"So you're not going to tell me why you're here?" Elijah asked, raising Jayla in the air.

I've been here at Janet's house for almost a week, and I haven't told Elijah why. He doesn't know much about Keri, and I plan to keep it that way. All he knows is that he's my ex-husband. Not that he was in prison, nothing.

Eventually, I'm sure he will find out when people start talking about it online, or I'll tell him, but that time is not going to be now. He doesn't need to know. It's not important.

"Uh...my house is being remodeled....yeah." I lied.

He smacked his lips. "That's a lie,"

"Oh so you're calling me a liar?"

"No—ye—what? Never mind." He said putting Jayla down.

I laughed. "Right, so just mind your business."

I grabbed my water from next to me and drank some.

"So y'all back together?"

I almost choked on my water at his question. "Why do you think that?" I asked seriously.

He sighed and gave Jayla a toy to play with while he got up. "You know, this house is pretty big...but it ain't soundproof." He walked away and left me confused.

"Wha—" The realization hit me, and I gasped.

"Yeah...I'm kind of traumatized."

Flashback•last night

"Fuck Janet!"

She put her hand over my mouth and pushed her fingers deeper inside me.

This wasn't even supposed to be happening right now, and it doesn't mean anything. She does shit on purpose, knowing I'm going to fold. She can look at me or talk to me a certain way, and we end up here. The past few months, there's been times where she's tried, but I shut her down...except tonight.

Tonight... I don't know what happened.

"Just can't resist me, can you?" she said into my ear.

She took her hand off of my mouth for a response, but all that came out were moans. I truly am trying to be as quiet as possible...but damn.

Her finger circled my clit and I put my own hand over my mouth to shut me up. It's either because it's been too long or because we're not supposed to be doing this, but she's really driving me crazy.

"Answer me, Michele." Her pace picked up, and I was becoming restless.

I took my hand down and put it on her back. "Janet, shut up," I breathed.

She plunged her fingers deeper inside me and kept them there, making my back arch of the bed and her hand go back quickly over my mouth.

"That's not very nice now, is it?" She slid her fingers out and continued back at the same pace. All types of sensations filled my body, and I shut my eyes tightly.