Dueling stand

In the girl harry tells Ron and Hermione what he overheard. As we talk, Hermione and i work on the Polyjuice Potion.

"Again"? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he's taught Draco how to do it."

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure."

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

"No. No one ever comes in here."

"Why?"

"Moaning Myrtle."

"Who?" Just then, Moaning Myrtle, a ghostly girl in a Hogwarts uniform, appears behind Ron.

"Moaning Myrtle."

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?"

"I'M MOANING MYRTLE! I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, Moaning Myrtle?"

"She's a little sensitive."

"Huh."

In class Professor Lockhart walks on to a stage in the middle of the Great Hall.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works."

"Oh please." I whisper annoyed when he throws his cape at some girls who fawn over it I swear I wanted nothing to do but gag

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry, you'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him. Never fear. One, two, three."

"Expelliarmus!" The spell blasts Lockhart across the room.

"WHOOOOOOOA!" Lockhart lands on his back, and a few students laugh at the sight. He struggles to his feet.

"Do you think he's all right?"

"Who cares!"

"That was hilarious." I agreed with Ron

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy."

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor."

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, Rivers, how about you?"

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the Hospital Wing in a matchbox. Rivers might out do Potter for his well being. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps."

"Oh how ironic." I whisper to Hermonie and Ron

"Good luck, Potter."

"Thank you, sir."

"Wands at the ready."

"On the count three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent, only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here. One, two--"

"Everte Statum!" Harry is sent flying backwards. Ron I and Hermione look alarmed, and Crabbe laughs. I got on stage

"That was unfair you went too early."

"Oh what are you gonna do fishy cry." My eyes glowed yellow in anger

"Oh you wanna see what i can do Malfoy

"Oh you wanna see what i can do Malfoy." I raised my wand

"Rictusempra!" Draco is flung backwards, landing at Snape's feet. Several students laugh. Draco looks up at Snape.

"Pride hurts huh Malfoy." I taunt smirking he glared at me

"I said disarm only!" Harry comes my way

"Serpensortia!" A serpent appears i rolled my eyes literally

"Don't move, Potter. Rivers. I'll get rid of it for you."

"Allow me, Professor Snape. Alarte ascendare!" the snake jettisons high into the air, then falls back down, raises its head and turns toward me with a hiss i walked towards it and together

"Sya- hassa- she. (Leave them alone.) Sya- hasi- heth. (Leave him alone.) Sya- hasi- heth." I spoke to it along side Harry yes I could speak with animals but I thought just under sea animals.

"Vipera. Evanesca." He waves his wand, emitting a blast at the snake, causing it to burst into flame and disappear. A murmur runs through the audience.

"What are you playing at?!"

"Huh?" I was confused looking around many people started judging so I look down at my feet i didn't know what that was it all about so i run off. I sit down crying I've only speak with underwater snakes but not land now everyone was just avoiding me. I go to a corner and cry

"Serenity?" Harry came to my side

"Oh sorry harry i....." He sits next to me

"Harry has that ever happened to you i mean sure me but its a mermaid gift to speak sea animals but I never thought speaking with land animals would shun me for it." I cried

"It's okay im just confused of what happened." He hugs me tightly. Back in my dorm

"Renity?" I turn my head and see Hermonie

"It's okay Hermonie I'll get out of sight."

"No renity its okay i heard you explain it all to harry its fine."

"But it's not now everyone thinks im a freak." I sob into my pillow Hermonie comes over and hugs me.