Chapter 33: Keefe

It had been two days. Two days since Foster has been unconscious, and four days since my mom died. I didn't know what to do.

I never let go of Fosters hand, it felt practically cemented to hers. Elwin came and went, giving her a few Elixirs that healed her cuts. He kept insisting that I need to rest, and that I needed to sleep.

And it was true. I was pretty much falling asleep in the chair I sat in.

Almost everyone who was wounded was no longer wounded was in the healing center. So it was pretty lonely besides another Empath in the black swan, that I became friends with.

His name was Liam. His wife, Luna, had gotten stabbed in the chest. Elwin had said that it was a miracle that she survived. But they got left today, Liam's last words to me were 'You'll finally get your happy ending.'

I started losing hope in that. The longer Foster was unconscious, the more I lost hope.

Maybe some rest couldn't hurt.

With that thought, I fell asleep.

I woke up to pressure on my hand. My eyes snapped open, to find a weak looking Foster gazing into my eyes with a small smile.

"Hey." She whispered.

A huge smile formed on my face. "Hey Foster." I said back "You don't look too hot."

"I don't feel that great either." She responded. "Also that hurts, Lumpy Hair."

I smiled at my title "More than your injury's?"

"Just as much." She replied with a small grin.

I got up and gave her a kiss on her forehead. When I pulled away her smile widened. But her gaze moved to her foot. And her smile slowly faded.

She opened her mouth to say something, when Elwin ran by us.

"SHE WAKES UP AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME?" Elwin practically screamed.

"Hey Elwin." Foster said.

A smile formed on his face, the anger vanishing.

"Welcome back. And I have just the perfect gift for you." Elwin replied, and ran off.

Foster and I shared a look, and quickly Elwin rushed back with a trey, carrying about 15 Elixirs.

"I have one more thing, but I suggest you get it after you take the elixirs." He said.

The sigh/groan Foster made was the most adorable thing that I have ever heard. "That was adorable."

Foster blushed, and tried to move herself in a upright position but winced.

"Here." I said, and fixed her pillows for her.

She smiled at me "Thanks." She mumbled.

"Anytime." I replied, giving her my trademark smirk.

I fed Foster the elixirs, and it was absolutely torture for both of us. Ever time she drank a gross tasting elixir, and had disgusted emotions, I felt them going through the same thing as her.

After what felt like an eternity for both of us, Elwin handed each of us a Prattles candy.

As soon as he pulled them out, Fosters stomach made a loud groan.

I snickered, and stopped when she glared at me.

"I haven't eaten anything in 2 days." She muttered.

I sighed. We each ate the candy in silence. Instantly I felt Fosters mood change, to lots of relief.

"Now I have one more thing." Elwin said running off.

He returned with a pair of metal triangles.

"What's that?" I asked when foster paled.

"These are called crutches." Elwin explained. "Think of it as a way to walk, but not put to much pressure on your legs. After Sophie uses them, you guys are free to go."

We both sighed in relief.

I helped Foster climb out of the cot, which was really hard because she winced every time her foot hit something. But eventually I got her upright, and she leaned on me for support.

Elwin handed her the crutches. As soon as she took one step, she literally fell.

I grabbed her waist mid way.

"You're never going to stop falling for me. Are you?" I asked with a smirk.

She blushed and got balanced upright.

"I should have given you a wheelchair instead." Elwin mumbled, but loud enough to hear.

"Please no." Foster begged "Its already embarrassing enough that I have to use these." Waving the crutches, and nearly falling again.

I snickered "I don't know how your going to use these. You are literally the most clumsy person with out them."

Elwin chucked at that, and Foster blushed.

Foster and I managed to get to the leaping crystals, after a long journey.

"Are you ready to finally go home?" I asked her, smiling.

She faced me and smiled back. "Of course." We kissed a long kiss, with no one watching, and no one ready to attack.

Together we stepped into the white beam that would take us to Everglen, and we finally had gotten our ever after.