Chapter 8: Biana

With out a second of hesitation Sophie jumped out the window and teleported away.

"Can't she ever be normal." I murmured "I need to go have a talk with my brother."

I stormed to the sleepover room where Fitz sat on one of the beds staring into space. The spot where we were playing truth or dare had splatters of blood everywhere.

I looked up at Fitz, horror coating my face. "Do you realize what you just did?" I yelled. "Keefe is in the healing center because of you."

He raised bloodshot eyes at me "He stole her from me."

"No. Sophie loves him. And Keefe loves her. She dumped you because you cared to much if she was matchable of not and how it would effect the Vacker name. Now you don't get to take away her happiness for loving someone else."

He looked at the floor again "I made a mistake. I need to redeem myself and get a second chance from her."

"You should have thought of that before they got together." I said and leaped to the healing center.

What I saw there broke my heart. Sophie clutched Keefe's hand and was on her knees sobbing.

I walked over to her and gently put my hand on her shoulder.

She turned to me with red puffy eyes and I hugged her.

"Everything will be okay." I whispered to her "Keefe is strong. He won't break because of this."

I glanced at Keefe's scratched and bruised face. Which didn't help my assurance to Sophie.

Linh walked over to us and joined the hug we were in. I realized that Elwin was treating Tam's black eye. Yet somehow he still looked attractive.

"K-Keefe has t-too be a-awake to take the e-elixirs." Sophie choked out. "H-he has to s-stay th-the night."

It broke my heart to see her like this. Linh rubbed circles on Sophie's back then walked over to Tam.

"Do you want me to stay that night at Havenfield?" I asked Sophie.

She nodded and looked back at Keefe. She calmed herself down "Why would Fitz do something like this?"

"He was angry." A new voice said. We whipped our heads around to find Dex walk into the room with his face still bruised. "He didn't approve Keefe dating you. So he punished him."

Sophie trembled. I needed to get her out of here.

"Soph, let's go." I said.

She nodded and I helped her up and we leaped to Havenfield.