liii. do it again

✩°。⋆⸜ 🎧✮ playlist:

malibu - miley cyrus
pretty boy - the neighbourhood
evil twin - arctic monkeys
ohmami - chase atlantic
borderline - tame impala
into it - chase atlantic
often - the weeknd
acquainted - the weeknd

also it is my headcannon that clem and leon's official song is the slowed version of dandelions by ruth b. because i think i heard that song about 30 times while writing this chapter alone

✩°。⋆⸜ 🎧✮ 

ꜱᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ɢᴇᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱɴᴀᴄᴋꜱ

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹ 

clementine

"Are you seriously telling me you dealt with bioweapons straight out of nightmares but you're afraid of your own work superior?" Leon asks, glancing at me as he drives, a look of bemusement on his face.

He's driving me to work, where I should be letting them know I'm taking a leave of absence for... As long as they'll grant me. I can't stand the idea of going back to work now that everything seems to have settled down, now that Leon's sabbatical has been approved.

A part of me doesn't fully believe he'll stay off work for as long as he's saying he is. So I want to enjoy the short amount of anxiety-free time we have before I have to start worrying again.

"I'm not scared of her, I just... I've never worked with her. I'm still technically a rookie. She doesn't know me because she's Tripp's replacement. They hired her when I was on the Zenobia." I fidget in my seat, still a little sore from ...

Last night.

God, my heart stops at the memories.

"A rookie?" He scoffs. "Earth to beautiful, you were literally a core part of a whole BSAA operation."

"Yeah but..." I try to compose myself, calming down the flutters I feel in my belly from remembering Leon on top of me, calling me beautiful over and over. "I'm not supposed to even be eligible for sabbatical."

"So what?" Leon chuckles. "She can't deny sabbatical for mental health reasons. Especially when you have recommendations filling your whole file from BSAA agents."

"And you," I add. "I still haven't read what you put in my file."

"And me, but I'm not that special," he says, tongue in cheek.

"Please. Stop with the fake humility," I say, laughing.

"You're right," he giggles, and the butterflies in my stomach do back-flips over the sound of his laugh. "But it only counts because I was your direct partner."

"Oh my God. You literally answer to the president. Of the United States." I roll my eyes at him and playfully punch him on the arm. "Everyone in that police department knows who you are. I told you this already, you're like a superhero to them."

He dips his head a little, checking his blind-spot before he switches lanes. "And not to you?"

I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing,"Nah. I've seen you up close now. You're just a dude. A really handsome one, but just a regular man, sadly."