xxxiii. perfect synchronisation

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ:
ᴡɪɴᴇ ᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʟᴏᴡᴇᴅ - ᴅᴏᴊᴀ
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴꜰʟᴜᴇɴᴄᴇ x ꜱᴀɴᴀᴍ ʀᴇ ꜱᴘᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ - ᴄʜʀɪꜱ ʙʀᴏᴡɴ
ɪɴᴛᴏ ɪᴛ - ᴄʜᴀꜱᴇ ᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛɪᴄ

𝕝𝕖𝕠𝕟

Leon is half-asleep when he thinks he hears Chris' voice.

"Jill, see? I told you he was in her room."

Leon blinks himself awake and realises that it is Chris' voice. It's quiet, barely audible, but he hears it.

He realises he still has his arms wrapped around you, and that your head is buried in his chest. He blinks a few times as he tries to understand what the hell happened. He's not used to sleeping with someone, or next to someone, and the warmth around him is making it hard for him to think straight.

"Leave them alone, Chris. They've been to hell and back," came a female's voice that Leon doesn't recognise. Jill Valentine? Chris' partner?

Leon cranes his neck to the door just in time to see it close quietly. He still doesn't want to let go of you, or to wake you. He is enjoying being in such close proximity, feeling the curves of your body press into his bare torso. You're clinging on to him, and he thinks it's so cute.

He checks his watch and realises it's almost six in the morning. He relaxes back into the pillows, lessening his grip on you a little.

As soon as he does, you stir, and after a while open your eyes.

"Morning," he whispers, not sure how you'd react to realising your arms are around his waist.

You instantly blink in surprise and jerk your head back, moving away from his body clumsy with sleep, but somehow still quickly. "What did we do?"

Leon has to pretend he's not slightly offended at the insinuation that you two doing something is a bad thing. "I think I dozed off while you were sleeping. I'm sorry."

"No, no, don't be sorry," you say, and shift away from him, sitting on your knees next to him. "I'm sorry if I used you as a pillow."

He smiles and sits up, sitting on the side of the bed, his back to you. "Think you drooled on me too. That was a deep sleep, Clementine."

"I— Well. Thanks to you, Kennedy," you say from behind him. "Did you really finally have a good sleep?"

Leon looks at the floor and nods. "Surprisingly. Yes."

"So are you saying I made you feel safe?" You ask, poking his shoulder.

He smiles, knowing you can't see him. He could still feel the warmth you left on his stomach and around his chest, and his heart speeds up a little at the thought. He hadn't just felt safe around you— he felt at peace.

"I was just tired," he grumbles, leaning forward, his elbows on his knees as he tries to shake the feeling of comfortable sleepiness from his head.

"Hey," you say, and he hears you move closer to him. "You have some gnarly scars on your back."

Leon shudders as he feels your finger trace an old wound scar around his shoulder blade. "I guess."

"This one looks new..." you say, lightly touching one of the scars close to his ribcage. Leon instantly knows which one you're touching — where Krauser's knife slashed him back in Spain.

The memories are too raw for him, he's not ready to face them yet. So he turns around and grabs your finger, yanking it away from his back. "You can't keep your hands off me for one minute?"