xlvi. don't

a/n: here are the songs i listened to (in order) while writing this for maximum immersion and depression

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.shoutout to @nystyaluve for being on the same wavelength as i was on yesterday's chapter‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

‧₊˚🎧✩ love is a laserquest - arctic monkeys ₊˚🎧⊹♡

‧₊˚🎧✩ something real - post malone ₊˚🎧⊹♡

‧₊˚🎧✩ a lesser man - the weeknd ₊˚🎧⊹♡

‧₊˚🎧✩ how to disappear - lana del rey ₊˚🎧⊹♡

‧₊˚🎧✩ salvatore - lana del rey ₊˚🎧⊹♡

also this chapter is hella super long. make some tea and get some snacks and get comfy, preferably not in front of your parents or siblings (you know who you are)

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

leon
11:10pm

"I'll catch up with you guys later," Rhea tells her friends, waving them off.

Leon stares at them as they smile widely at him. One of them winks.

They hated his guts seven years ago. But now, they're all smiles and batty eyelashes.

Women.

"Leon, it's been too long," Rhea says as she sits on the bar stool next to his. "I mean. Wow. You look so different."

"Seven years will do that to a person," he says, turning back to face the bar as he sips on his whiskey.

He can't really look at her. He used to think she was so beautiful, but now she looks so basic.

Not because she dumped him on the eve of his new job, breaking his heart instead of helping ease his nerves.

But because she looks nothing like you.

She sounds nothing like you.

She's not you.

Rhea gestures with her hands, like she can't contain herself. "I can't believe it's been that long. You look so... So..."

"What? Grown up?" Leon snaps at her.

Rhea pauses for a second, that signature look of hurt on her face. "I was going to say, you look good. I-I heard what you went through. I'm glad you came out of it okay."

Leon chuckles, finishing his drink again. Why couldn't the barman just give him the entire bottle? "Yeah. Totally came out of it okay."

"Sarcasm?" She asks.

He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. He was getting a bit too drunk for this. "What do you want, Rhea? I mean, it's not exactly like we ended things on a good note."