The beginning on the End Part 1

Nico's POV

The next day, we were all tired. Especially Will and I, who just wanted to go home. We hadn't even been there long, but I'd had enough. Jasmine missed her parents, who wouldn't be returning for a long time. Percy missed Annabeth, who'd be on her own road until he got back to Camp. Austin wanted to practice his music in peace, although he did enjoy the attention from Jasmine.

When we got to school, Jasmine separated from us. She wanted to sit with her friends and be with them, since she had been near us for the last couple days.

"That's fine by us," I said for the group. She walked away, fading into the crowd.

"So, any new leads?" Will whispered to me.

I shook my head. "I'm so tired of this. I don't know anyone here, and don't want to."

"The faster we find the demigod, the faster we're allowed to leave," Will reminded me. "You might just have to ditch your principles."

I snorted. "What if I don't want to? I'll leave that part to the Apollo kids."

Will covered my mouth, so nobody would hear me and get suspicious.

"So, if I'm not allowed to speak my mind, why can't we just leave?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

We were hanging out during our free period in the library.

Will shook his head. "Jasmine needs our help."

"But if she's such a genius, why does she need us?" Nico scowled.

"Don't be rude to her," Will commanded. "She's helping us, remember? We don't know anyone as much as she does."

One of Will's supposed friends walked up to us, all smiles.

"Hey, you're Nico, right?" The guy asked me. "Will talks about you a lot."

I looked down at my boyfriend, who smiled.

"Yes, I'm Nico," I said through gritted teeth. "Who are you?"

"River," He grinned happily. "I helped show him around the first day with Jasmine."

Jasmine came running into the library, the librarians not watching her.

She grabbed River's wrist, pulling him around to face her.

"There's no need for this-" She told him. "Please don't!"

River squeezed her hand, turning back to face us.

"Jasmine had blood on her hands earlier," River chuckled. "It was the tiniest speck of blood. Do you gusy know what happened?"

"They wouldn't have any idea-" Jasmine whispered.

He ignored her.

I shrugged. "Jasmine's not a murderer. Are you guys dating?"

"No," Jasmine sighed, covering her eyes with her hand, staring at the ground.

"I'm concerned about her well-being," River stated. "And she said she wasn't on her, uh, thing."

"That's because I'm not-" Jasmine scoffed. "You don't need to ask them things like this."

"Blood on your hands?" Will sputtered. "How'd that happen."

"I pricked myself on a thorn," She crossed her arms at her chest. "But River won't listen to me."

"You're more careful than that!" River argued. "You would never just go near a thorn like that."

"I didn't see it-"