The Goddess of Love makes a Visit

Nico's POV

How did Jasmine know Aphrodite? Will and I realized that Piper's mom somehow knew Jasmine at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" Jasmine asked her hesitantly. "Ms. Mclean?"

Oh, so Jasmine didn't know that Aphrodite was the woman at her door.

"Jasmine, how do you know this woman?" I asked her, trying to keep my cool.

"Ms. Mclean and I have tea sometimes," Jasmine told us. "I didn't know you were coming today."

"Sorry for appearing all of a sudden," Aphrodite apologized cheekily. "I just wanted to meet some of your new friends."

"Well, come in," Jasmine opened the door all the way and Aphrodite walked into the house.

"Anyone want some tea?" Jasmine asked.

"Sure, I'll take some," We all said together.

"Okay, I'll get some ready," Jasmine let us sit down at her table and started getting some tea ready on the stove.

"So, boys," Aphrodite folded her hands. "How's life here?"

"Jasmine treats us great, if that's what you're asking," I cut in. "Austin just got here today, so we're all getting comfortable."

"Jasmine, dear, how do you feel with all these boys around you?" Aphrodite directed her gaze to Jasmine.

Jasmine shrugged. "We had a rough patch, but forgive and forget, I guess."

"Very good," Aphrodite purred. "Have you had luck with love, yet?"

Jasmine blushed bright red. "No, Ms. Mclean. I haven't been focussed on that kind of thing for awhile. I'm trying to bond with Will and his friends."

"Oh," Aphrodite slumped. "I could help you with love, if you wanted."

"It's quite alright," Jasmine assured her. "I don't want to fall in love right now."

"Nonsense," Aphrodite insisted. "You've always wanted to fall in love. Why not now?"

Jasmine hesitated.

"See, you're considering it," Aphrodite purred. "Maybe I can help you. Since you let me talk to you every week."

"Uh," Jasmine rubbed her hands. "I think falling in love is something I need to do myself."

"I can help you lots," Aphrodite ignored her. "I have the perfect boy in mind."

She diverted her gaze from Jasmien to Austin.

"What are you saying here?" Jasmine barked slightly. "You don't even know Austin."

"What are you talking about?" Aphrodite snorted. "Of course I know Austin. I know all of them."

Jasmine looked over at us, a hurt look in her eyes. "Of course they know you."

Aphrodite nodded. "Indeed they do. I've helped all of them with love. I'm the reason Nico and Will are such a happy couple."

"You did nothing," Will snapped.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't," Aphrodite shrugged. "Whichever works."

"After you get your tea, you can leave," Jasmine told her calmly. "I need to help Austin get settled. Maybe we can catch up another time."

"That's fine by me," Aphrodite smiled cruelly at us.

The tea got done soon, and we all sipped it quietly in silence. Nobody wanted to talk in front of Aphrodite, especially since she created a new thing for all of us to talk about with Jasmine. Whatever was going on in that girl's head was going to come pouring out the second Aphrodite left.

Once she finally did leave, Jasmine slammed the door behind her and sank to her knees.

"Jasmine?" I asked quietly.

Jasmine's head was against the door, so nobody could see her facial expression.

"She's mocking me," Jasmine sniffed.

"Sorry, what?" Percy asked.

Jasmine looked up at us, tears in her eyes. "She's mocking my inability to fall in love. I told her I've been hurt in the past, so I don't want to love someone anymore. She doesn't accept that. When y'all aren't around, I see her and she won't let me forget that."

"Why don't you just kick her out whenever she does that?" Will asked. "How come I've never seen her?"

"She comes when you aren't around," Jasmine buried her head in her hands. "I can't tell her anything. It's like she's trying to suck out my soul."

We all went silent.

"Excuse me," Jasmine stood and walked upstairs, probably into her bedroom.

"What are we going to do about that?" I asked. "Aphrodite is harrassing Jasmine."

"Harrassing a mortal?" Austin squeaked. "Why would she do that?"

"Maybe she's trying to get some kind of love going between her and a demigod," Percy muttered. "She likes forbidden love."

"Like Romeo and Juliet," Will remembered. "How is she going to do that?"

"That's not the right question," Austin cut in. "Why is she going to do that? And how do we stop it from happening?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Maybe we shouldn't leave Jasmine alone."

"I'll do it," Austin volunteered. "I'm the one farthest from her, anyways. You guys have other people to tend to."

Percy smiled. "Thanks, bro."

"No problem," Austin shrugged. "She's already connected to me through music."

"We have to keep a close eye on her," I muttered. "Aphrodite will only strike when she's alone."

"Poor girl," Will mumbled.

A couple minutes later, Jasmine came running down into the kitchen, where we were quietly chatting without her.

"I've come to a conclusion," Jasmine cleared her throat in front of us. We all stopped talking.

"About what, exactly?" Percy asked.

"We're going on vacation," Jasmine grinned. "To get away from Ms. Mclean and to bond with one another."