Getting our roll on

Will's POV

When I woke up, Nico was in my arms, even though we were in the car. We were pulled over in a ditch so Jasmine could sleep. She didn't ever snore, so it was basically silent in the car. I was the only one awake, since I was a child of the sun.

Jasmine woke up a few minutes after me. "That felt nice," She muttered. "I'm feeling refreshed."

"Where are we?" I asked her quietly.

She checked a map and shrugged. "We'll have to find a sign that tells us. I kind of just drove around last night. It was too dark to read, even with the headlights."

"Oh, so we're lost?" I sighed.

She shook her head. "No, we're just traveling around. My mom raised me to not use google maps on my phone. She made me realize Google maps just doesn't work like a good old intuition does."

I shrugged. "Works for us. Just don't crash while we're driving."

She grinned. "Of course not."

Soon, everyone awoke. Nico was like a cuddly kitten in my arms, but soon realized there were others in the car. We still cuddled a bit, but with seatbelts on.

Jasmine started driving again, after taking a pit stop for six coffees.

"Six?" Austin yawned. "There are only five of us."

"I don't even like coffee," Percy muttered.

"Exactly," Jasmine nodded, handing the rest of us a coffee, except for Percy. "One for you guys, three for me."

We got back onto the road again, after assessing the situation.

"That's not very far from home," Jasmine told us. "We're in Scottsbluff. That's in the panhandle."

"The what?" Nico sputtered.

"Panhandle," Jasmine shoved a map into the backseat, pointing at a spot on the country map.

"That's what that is-" Nico mumbled.

Jasmine took it back after a few more moments of inspection from Nico.

"So, how much longer will it take to get to Nevada?" Percy asked.

Jasmine shrugged. "A long time. We'll be driving for a while. I wish I could've used this time to type a little bit, but none of you have your driver's licenses. Wait, why is that?"

We froze. "Why is what?" Austin asked.

"Y'all are old enough to have licenses," Jasmine said. "Percy and Will, y'all are older than me."

"I actually do have my license," Percy confessed. "But I didn't bring my license on this trip."

"Why not?" She frowned.

"I didn't think you'd let me drive," Percy lied.

"Huh. Maybe next time, I guess," Jasmine slumped in her seat slightly.

There wasn't much to do while we drove, so Nico and I mostly played games on our phones. Mine died before his did, and I brought out my charger.

"Hey, Jasmine?" I cleared my throat. "Can I charge my phone in here?"

Jasmine nodded. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure the charging port works."

I plugged my phone in, watching it slowly ignite with life.

Nico's phone died after mine, but there wasn't another charging port to use. He had to watch me play Angry Birds until we stopped to use the restroom and stretch our legs.