Chapter 9: The Umara lake

CHAPTER 9

" I thought you said you where drained of your energy. "I could hear him shout from behind.

"yes I am". I replied, urging rabastan to move faster.

It was close, it was not a huge source but was close enough.

"you told me it was a lake." I shouted turning back but still maintaining the speed.

"be careful. "he replied.

" I expected a full fledged lake , connected to the ocean or so ."It was a pond but huge one, around 30 acres or so.

"It is rather huge considered to many other water bodies in Sicily. "he replied in a rather amused tone.

I slowed down as I saw the guards come forth, in front of the gate and immediately getting on their knees once they saw Charles behind me.

"we are two days travel away from the ocean, a lake that huge connecting Sicily and ocean is rather silly of you to expect in Sirius."

"yes, I did forget for a moment that I am in Sirius. I still don't get it how perfectly all the rivers from both Thristle and Kratus come close enough to Sirius to just take a sharp turn to flow in the ocean."

"yes ,creation sometimes makes us wonder a bit to much don't you think??"chuckling to himself as if he was remembering a private joke.

"umm..".I could feel the pond or lake, here, pull me towards it."it is deep though".

"it is the villages main water source, it is an underground source".

"very deep for a normal pond."

" lake Umara". he said slowly getting off his horse.

"how come I have never come here before??".i asked taking his hand and slowly getting down from the horse.

"it was reopened recently, it was like a huge well actually until few years ago. Suddenly its level started to rise and fill up the entire pond . Father ordered it to be dug around a bit more so i can accommodate more water for immediate purposes."

"opportunist as always. "uncle never fails to amaze me.

"I presume that to be complement ."he said slowly.

"well ,of course. "not wanting to prolong the discussion.

The guards opened the gates quietly and let us pass through , it was not that guarded rather isolated inside.

"come here. "I heard Charles from behind a turned to look at him. he was motioning me to come towards him. "if we go straight ,we will reach the Umara mansion, it rather small to be called a mansion but beautiful . To the right is just the wild , some weird gardening and I don't know.. Mother's weird hobby, To the left .."he said pointing to our left ".u would go to the lake side."

"I think you do know , that I know where the lake is."

"well just a safety precaution. "he said ."get down ,lets tie them down here."

It was almost sunset.

"can you hurry up ."he said , in a rather annoyed tone.

"what..??"he looked annoyed too.

"I mean, lets go fast to the lake and hurry up and leave. I really don't like the air around here."

"air around here... Seriously ."he can be really paranoid sometimes.

"yes .. Air around here .its a bit to overpowering for my taste ."he said .

Yes, he probably was right. He started walking towards the direction of the lake and i followed him quietly behind.