Chapter 8: The town's 'affair'

Chapter 8

"hey, not fair, you cheated, you know the place ."

"I agree i do know the place but also know that loser, always come up with an excuse. "he said raising his eyebrows.

"this is your hometown, you should still race fair, how would I know the shortcuts. I went along the main road", the advantage one has in his home can never be found anywhere, we raced each other to the end of Sicily .

"you lose..!!", he raises his hands in air and laughs out, somehow everything about this 'new' him is so 'not natural', yet better than the usual.

" well let this race be held again in Thristle and lets see who gets their arse kicked then , Charles." I act unaffected by his bust of enthusiasm and raise my chin up high and urge rabastan to move ahead of Charles.

"well sure , anything to pleas you madam.!!", still sporting the earlier grin ,he rides past me , making me urge rabastan also to move along with Charles.

I could see' the Sicily's' crowd gathered all over the place.

"the best part of Philippian square is that it.... Always busts with energy. Be it a dull or gloomy day this place is always filled and ..is different." I remember mother talking about this place.by the looks of it this is the only place that actually resembles mother than the Sicily castle or anywhere else.

But it still is gloomy for my taste.

The square was larger than any normal town square and was rather oddly cheerful in comparison to any Sirius town.

"isn't it rather odd that a town square is located almost at the edge of the town."i asked looking ahead.

"no, rather this was almost the centre but the other side was destroyed at the time of war." I turned to look at him. I instantly regretted for asking him a question to whose answer i had already heard countless times from my mother.

"I am sorry."i could still see him looking on ahead aimlessly.

"for what", the tone in which he spoke held nothing but anger and contempt. "well weren't even born then."

"but don't we live its consequence's everyday." I completed his mental thought.

He slowly turned his head towards me, "so many lives lost , over mere pride."

Our horses where now trotting slowly as we passed the main square.

" All hail the prince!!","All hail the prince". I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around to notice there where several people gathered around us and were on their knees.

Charles slowly hopped down from his horse, in a rather very graceful manner I never knew he could manage and turned around, "do u need help getting down??".

"no.no..umm ..i can manage." god now even embarrassed myself in front of an other countries town.

"CHARLES..!!", a little girl came running towards Charles and practically lunged at him, finally managing to cling on to his waist before he caught her and lifted he up into the air circled around.

It was ... Well awkward. Some how all of it seemed a bit different.

Every one around were giggling .."put me down now..!!".

"aren't you a big girl, help your self out.". He said ...almost alien.

"put me down now you.,.."

" 'me' what..??".he said slowly down a bit.

Everyone around were still giggling and laughing and show how this just did not seem like the Sicily I saw few years ago.. Suddenly it was actually filled with life and colour.