chapter 6: The touching memory

It was already two days since I arrived at Sicily and i stayed indoors throughout the trip.

When i said indoors , I mean the castle. I spent most of my time in the library, they had very good collection of books. Unlike our library back at home which is filled with books both of work and pleasure equally ,this library seemed to have an unbalanced collection but a very good and perfect one.

I read a lot about Sicily and its expanding trade route with southern countries.so, hard work does pay off. At least it is very evident in this country. the library was managed by enchantment, it would update it self based on the happenings. unlike back at home where someone needed to be there to see a smooth flow of the whole process.

The whole two days neither i spoke to papa nor he attempted to talk .he was having mood swings, one moment nice and mushy then the terrorizing act. Even mother noticed it and was calm. he needed to accept Philip no matter what..!! And im not backing out. So i decided to wait him out. mother spent a great deal of time talking to me and spending time with me along with aunt may. the girl time....!! Which was, they doing all the talking and me just listening.  learnt a great deal of things about my parents past, at least the things that related to their lives before the war of cry. I must admit drama was inevitable no matter which era or generation people belonged to.

"what are you thinking..??",I turned to see my mother who was in turn admire something else that my aunt was showing her.

"me..!!",i replied out of courtesy .

"well...Julia come here for a bit dear." ,aunt may asked me.

I stood up rather lazily from the bed and walked over to them.

"here put this on", aunt handed me over a gown ,i think.

"what is it?".

"it is a dress of course. "my mother replied matter-of-factly.

"I can see that mother but why??".i turned to look at aunt who was still looking at my mother ,who seemed  lost in a rather amusing thought.

I cleared my throat ,snapping both the women from there own world.

"girls these days, ask to many questions", my mother said looking at my aunt.

"well..?? I'm not getting any younger just standing here you know."i said with dripping sarcasm in my voice .earning a grunt from my mother.

"well, this dress belongs to your mother" ,she extended her hands and urged me to take the dress.

I reluctantly took it and started to examine it.

"it wore it the first day i meet your father, the dress has suffered the doings of your father's clumsiness." and both of them started to laugh.

I do know that I'm not the most graceful person in the world but now i do know whom to blame .

I ... Without a doubt inherited almost all the passable flaws from my parents.... God..!! Lucky me.!!

"why do you want me to wear it.??",i paused to look at her reaction,"i might spoil it or do ..".

"keep it, i mean it will fit you ,I'm sure about it. just keep it. It is not some fancy gown but just a normal dress i used to wear when i run out of the palace and try to blend in with the townsfolk's".

"remember when Shane caught you in the bar along with Arthur and you didn't know who he was..", and aunt may started to laugh her lungs out.

"what happened mother ??"I asked with curiosity.