Chapter Seventeen

(Tony's Pov)

After such an event the night before, Tony decided that keeping up appearances would do no one any good, heading to his lab to cool off for the night. He had only tried to tease the mischief maker, not become a wine glass with a side of billionaire. But he shrugged off the accident as just as much, deciding to not start a feud over something no one intended to happen.

Y/N... was a mystery. She showed up out of nowhere from Shield, Fury pretty much forcing the Avengers to accept her. And it's not that they had any disputes with the idea, but it was all just very sudden. A magical healer with few references still alive, and quite the enormous target on her back? Unwilling to truly share her origin?

Tony wouldn't say he was suspicious- she had been kind and friendly, after all- but she wasn't exactly all that forthcoming either.

The genius arrived at his lab, the lights flickering on as he entered through the doorway. He didn't notice the gift until he tried to reach for a gadget hidden on one of the desktops. His hand grabbed a stem of flowers instead.

~ Sorry for the mess. ~ A small note hung from the side, and an elegant script written across it. A bit over the top for his taste. A tangle of purple and blue hyacinths wrapped in a golden ribbon.

Stark laughed.

Who the hell sends flower apologies anymore?

*

(Your Pov)

You arrived to the library's doors just before noon, fresh after raiding the Avengers' kitchen. Everything from pastries, to homemade lemonade, to little picnic sandwiches kept in a small basket on your arm. You thought it would be a nice way to repay your new teacher. Noon was close enough to lunch time, wasn't it?

But when you enter through, you can't hold back a giggle that bursts from your lips.

He brought dessert.

A lot of it.

As the god in question sat on one of the lush couches Tony insisted on providing such a library, staring at the same page of a book for much too long. You had entered quietly; apparently too quietly for even the trickster to notice. "Princeling?"

His eyes jumped up from his page, first in excitement, then as they settled on a playful pout. "I really don't understand why you insist on the nickname."

"Well, how else would you know it's me, and not my imposter?" You smile cunningly, as it seemed he actually started to agree with your logic.

Loki smiled, sitting up when he noticed the basket on your arm. "It seems we had the same idea."

"Ah, but I brought lunch." You started to unload your collection beside the display of chocolates and small fruits he had stacked on one of the desks. "And lemonade. I figured you would appreciate the gesture."

He stole one of the sandwiches, "Consider it appreciated." taking a quick bite while you poured the drinks. You took a strawberry and some chocolate- Or... correction: a chocolate with a strawberry garnish.

The two of you enjoyed a small lunch, talking about anything besides magic for the time being. You told Loki about how you had left some flowers for the victim of last night, and hoped he would forgive the incident. Tony hasn't said anything or stopped by since, and you wondered if he really had been bothered, or if this was just normal Stark behavior. Loki assured you that to his knowledge, the billionaire acted the same with everyone in a thousand foot radius.

Inevitably, the conversation turned toward the purpose of this meeting. Your lesson. "I thought it would be best to start with the problem at hand." Loki brought out a textbook, one awfully similar to the one he had leant you all those years ago. In fact... it looked like an exact replica.