Chapter Ten

(Your Pov)

"Oh, hey Y/N." Tony greeted, as he approached your shiny form. Not noticing enough change to stop him from a conversation. 'You' stood at the kitchen counter, whisking eggs to scramble them. "Can I get some?"

You didn't answer, the task assigned not including basic human functions.

"Hello?" Tony waved a hand in front of your face, trying to get your attention.

Of course, this wasn't actually you. He touched your shoulder, as the clone burst into magic dust. The whisk clattered as it was dropped in the bowl.

"Tony!" You yell from the couch, angry he just broke your spell. He jumped around to face you. "Stop interfering with my magic!"

He looked between you and your clone, muttering a quick fuck under his breath. "Then stop teleporting in the kitchen."

"That's not teleporting. It was a clone." He looked at you strangely, before taking over the position of cooking scrambled eggs. There was enough in the bowl for you, him, and the next three people to come by looking for snacks. You knew the Avengers loved to eat. "A basic clone, but a clone nonetheless."

You were advancing rapidly in your magic studies, and were looking for the next book of the series. Since the sanctum library had welcomed you with open arms, you were planning on borrowing a few more books this afternoon. Grab lunch while you're out, maybe a few modern stories as well. It shouldn't be more than two or three hours. Plenty of time to then come back and read what you had gathered.

"Uh-huh. Do you put milk in your eggs?"

"What?" You look over strangely, after having summoned another clone. This one was supposed to walk around the tower floor, as you practiced weilding a second set of eyes. It wasn't quite like that, but when you could access the body of your copy, it almost felt that way.

"Milk mixed with the eggs. It makes them creamy." He trailed off, watching as your newest twin walked away. "You know what? I'm doing it anyway."

"Fine by me." You shrug, returning back to switching points of view. You could see the living room in real life, and the hallways when you closed your eyes. It took some focus the farther your clone walked, but the practice was good.

"But since I'm making breakfast," Tony's voice called, startling you back to reality. "I need to ask a favor."

Oh God. Tony asking a favor? He never asked reasonable favors.

"I need you to take Loki shopping."

What? "Me? Why?" After your encounter with Loki that morning, you really didn't want to face him again. He was acting like such a bloody grouch.

"You have magic, you can counteract anything he tries to pull." Stark shrugged, "Plus you're the one person he hasn't tried to kill yet."

Yet. The word didn't go unheard on you. But even if Loki did manage to kill you, it wasn't the end of the world. It would suck to have your secret revealed, but you would be back to get your revenge.

Unless you fell asleep for another 400 years. That might be a bit long for a reasonable grudge. Someone else might've killed him by then.

But anyway, tuning back to the conversation, you send Tony a hesitant expression. "Today? I had plans-"

"Great! Take him with you." The egg hit the pan, as the scent of butter, milk, and egg carried through the air. "I need a magic free day."

Ah, the real reason the magicians were being sent out. You thought presenting Loki to the public might be a concern, but Tony shut you down the moment you mentioned it. A day without worrying about magic was a good trade for the off chance someone might recognise him.

"Fine." With a groan you agree, leaving to collect the god after breakfast. You had to leave earlier now if you wanted any time afterwards to yourself, for magic and such things. You had a feeling your 2 hour trip would quickly turn into a whole day activity.

But you couldn't complain when Stark handed you his credit card, telling you to buy some things for yourself as well. Your plan for a few new books and a cheap lunch quickly multiplied. Even if you had to deal with Loki being a pain throughout the trip, the books were an acceptable bribe.

You found yourself at Loki's door shortly, and knocked politely. He wasn't using magic, and you thought it would be a nice gesture. You liked the boy you had met all those years ago, and you had a feeling he was still in there somewhere. You just had to be patient until Loki trusted you enough to let you see that tender side of him.

"What?" Loki spat, nearly taking all your hope with that single word. He opened the door, softening ever so slightly when he saw you.

You held up Tony's card triumphantly, "Want to spend way too much money and spite Tony in the process?"

"I don't-"

"There's books." You smirk knowingly, as he slowly gave in. Ah, so he did have a weakness. "If you agree, I'll tell you my name."

He raised a single eyebrow, a feat you've known few to do. "Oh? And what name could possibly fit a mystery such as yourself?" If you listened carefully, it almost seemed like he was complimenting you.

"Y/N L/N, prince mischief."

Yes, this will be fun.

(A/N: I actually have the whole next chapter written, I just forgot to edit it. So here is this early, and please expect the next chapter on Friday! Thanks for reading!)