Part 5 - The Best Friend

PART 5

PLEASE NOTE

Y/N = Your Name

You wake up to the sound of your phone buzzing on the coffee table. Your lazy hand grabs it from the sofa, and you answer with no hesitation to who was on the other end.

"Hello.." You mumble, wiping your eyes to see the morning sun glow through your curtains.

"Y/N?..Its me, Mia!..I was wondering if you wanted to come around mine later, we need to catch-up.." Her bouncy tone deafening your ear as you try to lift yourself from a dreary sleep.

"Mm.. that would be nice!" You replied with the remembrance of your departure with Olly. You needed someone to take your mind off of him, and besides, you hadn't told anyone about your relationship yet, and Mia, your best friend, was bound to be the first person whom you would confess to.

..."About 1ish?" You add, checking the time to find out it was 11am already, you'd slept in.

"Yeah sure!," She agreed. "See you then!"

You jump off of the sofa and head for a shower to warm your cold limbs. The heat comforts you, like a friendly embrace. It reminds you of the warm cuddles Olly would give, lightly snuggling into your neck, laying a few sweet kisses. It suddenly hits you how these moments won't be cherished for a while, his presence and warmth. Your mood lowers.

You get changed into your favourite winter wear, skinny jeans, a shirt and converses. You braid your damp hair around your shoulder and you add a touch of makeup to your face.

You check your phone to see that Olly had sent you a message earlier on this morning, which you had not seen, due to Mia's call.

Morning Babe. I hope you're feeling better today. I didn't like leaving you yesterday, it broke my heart :( But!..I have a surprise for you...I'll phone later with the details ;) Have a good day! Love Olly xxxx

You smile, returning a text.

Hello you:), OLIVER! You know I don't like surprises, that's naughty..I am feeling a bit better today, I am still missing you though! Going around Mia's in a min, speak later hun, Love Y/N .xx

You grab your coat, phone and keys and head out of the door.

The sun was very bright on your face as you walked down your lane, but the wind still added a bite to the air. You tug your coat around you, keeping yourself warm. Mia lives about 10 minutes away from you, the other side of town. You make your way through the streets, passing the cafe you and Olly had come to on your first date. You glance through the window at the empty table you had both sat, and the memories came back, happy ones. It brings a smile to your face so you take out your phone and capture a picture of the desolate table and send it to Olly.

Remember this? :)xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You carry on walking through the streets until you reach Mia's house. Knock Knock.

"Hiya!!" She squeals, hugging you in a tight embrace.

"Hello Mia!" You reply, giggling beneath her hug.

She invites you inside to her lounge, chatting away about how much she has missed you.

"Oh I've missed you too hun!, I've just had so much on.." You're voice fades, you look down at the ground with a secretive look upon your face. You twiddle your thumbs between your fists.

"Y/N?...I know that look!, what's going on?" Mia replies sitting down next you, taking your hands with a grin.

"Oh its nothing...well...I'll tell you later..So how are things with you?" You smile, shifting the attention to Mia.

Mia starts to natter on about what's been going on with university, studying, family and all the rest. You listen to her and you also give her an account of your week, minus the Olly related parts. You always told each other everything and listen to what the other had to say, that's what made you best friends. You would always help the other out when you needed and you wouldn't let each other down.

You both end up in fits of laughter about something Mia tells you.

"Oh my god, I can't breathe!.." Mia cries out, getting up from the sofa. "So do you want a cuppa? Then we need to discuss what going on with you!" She winks, walking out into the kitchen.

Gulp. You grab your phone seeing a reply from Olly about the picture.

Yes I do! Good memories there :)x

You quickly reply to his text, about what you where going to tell Mia.

Olly, shall I tell Mia about us? She can sense there's something I am hiding, plus we always tell each other everything! Love Y/N x

You quickly press send before Mia enters the room with the tea.

"Tadahh!" Mia sings, gesturing at a plate of cookies.

"Wow Mia!, you know they're my favourite!" You giggle, taking one.

Your phone buzzes from a reply from Olly and you try to hide it with a cough. However Mia is too fixed on the television to notice. You excuse yourself to go to the toilet, grabbing your phone from your pocket to check the text.

Can I call?x

You reply quickly.

Yes x

You wait momentarily, scuffing your feet on the tiles in the bathroom.

Ring Ring. You pick up.

"Hello" You answer.

"Alright hun?, have you told her yet?" You smile; the sound of his voice takes you away.

"Nope not yet, wanted to check with you first"

"Aw well of course you can tell her! She's your best mate!. Can you just make sure she won't go spreading it? Not because I am ashamed to be with you, total opposite! I don't want the paps finding out who you are and where you live etc. I don't want that kind of life for you sweetie" You smile, remaining quiet for a second. It takes you back how much he really cares for you and how far he would go to protect you.

"Thank you and of course, just for you" You reply sweetly.

"Well I have to get back to some tour practise! Text me how it goes and I'll speak to you later about your surprise...Bye love!"

"Ok babe, speak later!" You end the call quickly and return to the lounge.

Ready to break the news to Mia...

I hope you like it!

Please follow, rate and comment below!

Feel free to tweet a response or any requests to us on twitter : @OllyMursFandom_

:)