𝟎𝟐𝟎 • 𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙊𝙉𝙂:  𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗯𝘆 𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻

' I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me '

ONE AND A HALF MONTHS LATER. 

THE DAY THAT Penny and Amelia returned from their sailing trip was the day that Cassidy came home. However, unlike Maverick's knowledge of Penny and Amelia, Bradley was well aware that Cassidy was the day when she did. but not the time. Following their return home from the mission, her and Bradley had one week together before she announced that she was leaving. Thanks to the mission, they had been given ages of time off, if they opted to use it. While Bradley had chosen to stay in San Diego and Maverick settle in to his new place in San Diego, as the older man had been adamant on staying for Penny and Amelia, Cassidy had announced that she would be using the time to visit her family. Her family, which she hadn't seen in person in years, and she arrived a week after their summer gathering, when most of the family had still been in town. 

He'd listened to her anxious voicemails, panicking over what their reactions might be when she told them that she had joined the Navy. However, her nervousness wasn't needed, as they were simply grateful to have their daughter home. They'd all called Bradley, with the entire family seemingly incredibly interested in Cassidy's new boyfriend, and asked him and her if he was treating her right. She'd brushed past her family's questions, reassuring him that they were always like that. He didn't really care, though, and just wanted them to be happy with the both of them being together. 

However, before she had left, they had gone on their first date. It wasn't a typical first date, despite that it was at a nicer dress with string lights decorating a wooden patio and they had dressed up for it. He'd gotten there early, and he was sure that she had seen him choke on his water when he saw her walk in. But there weren't any normal questions, but instead had a random conversation regarding the meal that stretched into childhood comfort foods, rather than asking each other about their jobs, their plans for the future, or even their favorite colors. They knew all of that. There was no way that they wouldn't. But, overall, they considered their first date to be a success, despite it not really feeling like a date.