𝟎𝟎𝟒 • 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐢𝐭𝐬

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙊𝙉𝙂: 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝗳𝘁 (𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁. 𝗯𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿)

'I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending
You're not my homeland anymore
So who am I offending now? '

'I think I've seen this film beforeAnd I didn't like the endingYou're not my homeland anymoreSo who am I offending now? '

EVERY MORNING, WITHOUT fail, Cassidy Brooke woke up at five thirty to go on a jog for an hour and a half. The morning after a long night at the Hard Deck was no exception. She left a note for Bradley as she crept through the living room, a small smile touching her lips as she watched her friend fast asleep on the couch. Her run led her up and down the nearby beach as the sun rose, creating yet another spectacular sunrise of a pale blue streaked with vibrant stripes of pink and orange reflecting on the picturesque clear ocean. 

Few people were around, and those who were didn't get in her way as she jogged along the boardwalk by the beach. Sweat dripping from her forehead, her legs grumbling with exhaustion, she climbed up the stairs to her apartment at six forty-five. When she unlocked the door, she was greeted by a friendly face sitting on her window seat, eating a bagel and watching the morning skies from the top floor of her apartment complex. 

"Hey," he called with a small wave as he set his plate down. She smiled back as she yanked her hair loose from the ponytail she had put it in. Somehow, for some unknown reason, it never came out easily, always ripping a few strands out that were impossible to keep off the band itself. 

"Morning," she greeted. "I'm gonna go shower and change and then we can chat, 'kay?" she said and gave her a thumbs up and a cheesy grin. Cassidy grinned and walked off to the bathroom. She showered, glad for the cascading cool water over her, and changed quicker than usual. Most likely because her best friend was sitting in the room down the hall, and that just made things all the more awkward. Thankfully, that was over when she walked back into the room with soaked hair and fresh clothes. 

"Hey again," he said with a smile. 

"Morning again," she replied. 

"Want breakfast?" he offered, making small talk. She shrugged and shook her head. "Come on, you need to eat. Who knows what shit the instructor is going to put us through today." She sighed, folding at his slightly convincing argument. A victorious smile crossed his face, causing a reflexive grin to spread across her lips.