Chapter 18

Thomas drove the car slowly into the dark tunnel, curving past crashed vehicles and what looked to be blown up machines as we passed by.

I got closer to the cloudy window, squinting my eyes to see if I could spot anything, any signs of cranks anywhere, but there didn't seem to be any at all.

We kept driving through, and silence filled the car until fry spoke out:

"I don't have a good feeling about this.."

As I hear him, I turn my head towards him, to give him an 'are you serious' kinda look, but as I do, I see anither face besje Fry's staring right back at me from outside the window.

My eyes widen in terror as I try to back away further from the window itself, ending in complete fail.

"Crank!"

I managed to yell as Newt turned around with thomas and sen the lady outside the window, she had dark hair and black orb eyes, a black ooz dripping from her lips as she slammed her head against the window.

"She's insane!"

Newt yelled as he motioned for thomas to pick up the speed on the car to try and lose her, but as they both turned around to the windsheild, they jump back a little in terror, as another crabknis sitting on the hood of the car, staring right into it, eyeing all of us as it starts to smash against the window as well.

"GO!"

I yell as rhomas forces his foot all the way down on the pedal, sending the crank next to Fry's window flying away, but the one on the hood of the car still stays.

"It- it won't let go.!"

Thomas yelled, trying to see out of the front of the car as the cars speed quickens.

"I can't control it!"

As he said that, the car started to dive up a little slope in the road from a past recharge, causing the car to fly in the air and tip over upside down.

We helped each other out of the car, checking that we were all OK and unharmed.

I was the last outside of the car, I climbed out the smashed window next to me as I slowly stood up and brushed off my clothes from shards of glass.

I also turned to look down at my right arm, covered in blood as I stared.

"Are you ok..?"

Newt almost whispers quietly, looking to my arm and looking back up to meet my eyes.

"Yeah.. It's just glass, I'll sort it out when we are safe.."

I say, giving a small awkward smile to newt as a gurgling sound from ahead broke the moment.

We looked out to the tunnel to see multiple of not hundreds of cracks slowly heading our way to the car.

We all grouped together in a small huddle, looking around at the many many cranks heading our way.

"We could use a miracle right now.."

Thomas called almost sarcastically, and as if on cue, large roar came from the other end of the tunnel as 2 bright lights were seen coming towards us from the distance, knocking Iver all of the cranks and stopping in front of us.

As soon as it stopped, the window flew open, and none other than Brenda yelled:

"Get in!"

I didn't even have rime to.procwss what she was doing here and how she bad gotten another car, instead we all hopped into the open back and the car started to speed out to the open exit, knocking over a few cracks on the way.