Chapter 16

That night, i sat alone in my tent, devising a plan with myself.

I had waited for Jorge to leave the mapping room earlier so that i could have my share of the maps _the maps that i needed anyway- and brought them back here to look over.

I decided it would be best to take bertha as it was a fast car, and had extra protection already installed onto its windows, incase anyone seen or tried to shoot of course, not to mention the amount of rust that coated the metal in a thin layer, almost made it look completely camouflaged in a dark apocalyptic area.

I had planned a rout that was supposed to take me through to an old rotten infection check station, and once i got past there, it should be a straight road into the mountains to find what Jorge liked to call: the last city.

The last city was the only city that was still standing, surrounded with large walls loaded with guns and all sorts of security, making sure no one got in. Or out.

I wasn't completely sure how i would get inside yet.. though i knew there had to be some way, but i said i would figure it out once i arrive.

I went over my plan for the last time in my tent, making sure if something happened i had a quick escape, or a backup, until a soft knock was heard on one of the wooden supports holding the tent up.

I quickly folded over the maps, making sure they were hidden, as i looked up and seen Thomas standing there.

"I wanna help." He says, switching his glance between me and the maps.

I didn't reply, instead i opened up the maps slowly, revealing them in a pile, along with some noted sheets of paper..

"Its too dangerous Thomas. U wanna help? Keep newt away from me for the next 2 days." I said standing up, tucking my maps and noted under the pillow on top of my sleeping bag, and giving Thomas a quick pat on the shoulder as i passed him to walk out of the tent.

That didn't stop him though, he quickly followed after me as i left, he obviously wasn't going to let this go without a proper fight.
"I don't understand why you would want to save him anyway! You barley know him right?-"

I almost cut Thomas short, stopping in my tracks and quickly turning around to face him.

"I didn't get the chance to save my real family! i got stuck with Jorge and Brenda and even then, Jorge didn't want to take care of me! And from what i understand, you only have each other, that is your family. and trust me when i say you do not want to loose your family."

Thomas just stood there as he contemplated what i aid, letting it sink in for a moment.

"I want to help." He said a little more stern than before.
"And if i loose myself on the way then so be it."

I stood there, and raised my eyebrows at him a little as he gave me a small nod.

"Fine.. meet me by bertha at 10 sharp, when everyone is asleep, don't let anyone see you, and please. Don't. Tell. Jorge"
I said as i walked away from Thomas and back over to were the massive gathering happened between Vince and the kids.

There i seen newt, fry and Brenda, all sitting and chatting, eating what looked to be sandwiches as they laughed a little and joked with one another.

I don't know what came over me. But i just couldn't stop staring at newt, its like when you stare at something and are in a complete haze  and cant look away until you blink, or snap out of it, or until someone comes up behind you that you didn't know were still following you, scares you and calls you out.

Which is exactly what happened to me by the way..

"Enjoying the view?" I heard Thomas say behind me as i quickly turned around as i seen the smug smirk on his face.

"I am.. the boat is quite lovely.." i said acting as casual as possible, playing of the boat card.

"Yeah.. i heard it came all the way from England." He said smirking as i rolled my eyes and lightly slapped him on the upper arm

"I didn't know you were still following me, a bit of warning would be nice"

"I wasn't following you, i had to come this way." He reasoned.

I ended up just shaking my head in annoyance as i crossed my hands.

"Bertha, 10 sharp." I repeated, hoping he got the memo as i walked away.

==========================================================================================

A/N:  CONGRATS ON TBS WITH THE ENGAGEMENT BTW I JUST READ THE NEWS!

P.s: I've seen lost of people on socials get so upset that they are saying that they are gonna start sending death threats to the both of them , just don't. They are so happy and its so immature like bfr