Chapter 12 ~ Jobs

Me and Minho both walked side by side, looking around for Mary.
We finally found her talking to Vince while writing something down on her clipboard.

Me and Minho both walked over to her, and it wasn't long before she saw us both.

"Ahh, Minho and y/n, here about jobs??" She said, looking at the both of us.

We both nodded in sync as she took out a notepad and started flipping through the pages.

"Hmm, how bout... a little clean of our supply closet?" She said, nor recalling waiting for an answer as she led us both to a scruffy wooden cabin.

Inside, it was very dusty. It looked like it hadn't been accessed in a long while.

"Just here," Mary said, opening a door and pulling a string that turned on a small light bulb flickering and hanging in the centre  of the closet.

"It's a tight space, I know, you can move things out here if it's easier, just look through everyone and make a decision on what we might need and what we won't." She said, patting us on the shoulders before going to leave.

"How do we know what you'll need?" Minho said, looking back at Mary.

"You'll just know, your smart kids." She said, smiling and making an exit.

We both looked at each other before moving boxes put into the open space of the room before looking through them all.

~

It had been a while, and we stayed in silence as we looked through boxes, chucking things to the side.

"So.. you and Newt?" Minhi started. You could practically hear his smirk.

"Absolutely not. You don't even know what happened." I said I wasn't in the mood for this.

"I seen his face inches from yours, and i seem you staring into his precious doe eyes." Minho said, shrugging.

I looked at him in disbelief.
"Okay, I haven't even known you for a week, and I bailly get to talk to him anyway."

"I'm just saying!" He throws his hands in the air, "if this leads to marriage -"

"What!?" I said, nearly yelling.

"I'm 16!!" I said in annoyance.

"Hm. Better to get it over and done with, I like your thinking." He said laughing a bit.

I didn't find it amusing one bit.
It was disgusting.
Yes OK I imagined a life maybe in 10 years or so getting married.
But not to Newt!

I gagged at his words, I didn't show interest in anything he said about me or Newt, and we continued to clean boxes.

~

We had finally finished cleaning. And we both looked at the clean closet, hand on our hips in accomplishment.

"Not bad." Minho said, wiping the sweat of his forehead.

"Mhmm, we done good, Min." I said m, faintly smiling, before walking out the dark building.

It was nice to see the light again.
I once more shielded my eyes from the sun until they got used to it.

"Y/n.." I heard a familiar voice say.

I looked around to see Newt standing over by a green tent looking right at me.

"I'll let you deal with that." Minho said, smiling and winking in my direction as he jogged away.

You know. I couldn't believe that boy.

"Can we walk??" He said , fiddling with his thumbs.

"Yeah, yeah, of course,  but make it quick. If Jorge were to see me talking to you, he'd flip." I said, laughing a little, making Newt smile ever so slightly.

"I just wanted to ask..." Before Newt could finish. An explosion hit the ground beside us, sending me and Newt falling over.

"What the-" I said, looking up into the sky to try and see where the explosive might have come from.

My breath hitched, and I was still for a moment to see massive ships fly over the top of the camp. Everyone was panicking and running into tents to get weapons.

"It's them.. It's WICKED.." Newt said, turning to me. "Cmon, we need to run." He said , quickly taking my hand and leading me through the onaicked crowds, I could notice already that cars were flipped and set on fire, including tents and more.

"Y/N!!" I heard someone say, I turned to face forward to see Jorge and everyone else ahead.

"Oh, you're okay... thank god." Jorge said, cupping my face and quickly moving it in all directions. Checking  for any marks on me could mean I'm hurt.

"Jorge, I'm fine." I said, trying to push his hands off.

"Just checking." He said.

"Where's  thomas??" Minho shouted over directions, breaking out.

"I'm here. I'm here, listen, it's Teresa." He said panicked.

"What??" Fry said.

"Teresa, she told them our location, we told them we're we are headed!"

================================

Okay, ima be honest, I have no bloody clue where this book is going. I also may be losing a little motivation on it because of that.

Anyway, I could either discontinue this book and start a new book series, which I actually have all planned out, so I know what each chapter will be about.

Or I could keep going with this book.

Up to you guys ♡♡