New Beginnings

Sorry for the wait. I realise it has been six months, that is so slack of me. Hope you enjoy it! X

--

It would be an understatement to say that things changed dramatically, the next few weeks were whirlwind and my mind can barely keep up with everything that happened. Louis and I were complicated, or at least that's how I saw it.

News broke a few days later, I had heard via Twitter that "Elounor" had split for good this time, there were fans crying, and other fans rejoicing as they believed this meant Harry and Louis were finally going to end up together. I had to admit that I was somewhat glad from hearing the announcement. This didn't mean things would go smoothly for us though. There was so much more to the story than simply sticking us together for the perfect happy ending.

Louis didn't mention this revelation to me, in fact he didn't speak to me for almost a week after the fact. I was confused, yet not concerned. Louis was like that at times, unpredictable. I always figured it was because of his medication, but Liam had told me that Louis had always been that way. He was impulsive, and didn't think his decisions through. That's why it never surprised anyone when he's fly across the world for a last minute holiday.

I was sitting in my dressing room when he called, I jumped at the sound of my vibrating device clashing against my table top. It was louder than I had expected so my heart was already beating roughly against my chest. "Hey." I answered, my voice barely a squeak. He didn't notice, or maybe he didn't care because he started talking in that way that told me that he was smiling.

"Hi love, sorry it's been a while. Been a bit busy." He told me, his accent stronger than ever. He always talked that way when he was in a good mood, sometimes it was even hard for me to understand what he was saying.

"It's fine." I promised him softly, curling a strand of my hair behind my ears as I spoke. He made me feel like that, a giggly girl who liked playing with her hair.

"What've you been up to? Busy I'll bet. I need to see you." His words were all over the place, I didn't know if that was an indication for excitement, or if he was just thinking faster than his mouth could talk.

"Need to see me?" I teased, chuckling softly to myself, he sounded desperate, and it was making my whole body throb from nerves.

"Desperately love. So when are you free?" He asked, and I just felt goosebumps washing over me.

I'd thought about this moment for a while, what it would be like if we ever finally became an item. We weren't one, as far as I was concerned we were just two people who had something, but neither of us had said it out loud yet. I felt my whole body shiver, nerves washing over me like a snowfall. I was almost scared, anxiety was taking over me. "I'll be free this evening, 8o'clock. Do you want me to come over?" I asked shyly, hoping he would say yes.

He did of course, and that was that.

---

Harry wasn't home when I arrived, so Louis was standing in the doorway, staring at me for what felt like hours. I looked back at him, blinking when I couldn't handle it any longer.

This wasn't my fantasy, I wasn't 17 dreaming about dating my favourite member. This was Louis, and I. Standing there in his doorway, just looking at each other like we'd never seen human's before.

He pulled away after a moment, stepping aside so I could walk in. We walked over to the sofa without exchanging a single word, I didn't know what to expect.

I didn't know if we were together, or if that's what he wanted. I didn't know if we were going to kiss, or if he expected more than that. I didn't know if we were going to talk, or if he just wanted to keep all of that in the past. All I could think about was the fact that I hoped he didn't touch my chest, because if he did he's know exactly how fast my heart was racing.

"Do you want a drink?" He broke the silence, I was already sitting down, curling my feet underneath the rest of my body. I shook my head and he sat down next to me.

Louis' hands kept moving, at first they were in his lap, until he was running them though his hair, resting them stop of his knees and then just playing with them. I hadn't noticed his behaviour like this before, but thinking back all I could remember was how it happened every time we were together. I shook it out of my mind, not wanting to bring attention on if, that's not what was important here. He caught my eye and shot me a lopsided smile, leaning over to take my hand in his.

I let out a shaky breath as I realised how much his touch actually affected me. A jolt of electricity shot through my entire body as I became well aware of his proximity to me.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be." He said, once again interrupting the loudest silence I had ever sat through. I nodded my head, looking at him as if waiting for him to continue. He did, nodding his own head as he spoke again. "I didn't get into trouble, they're sorting it all out. Weird right? I was so bloody frightened about getting my arse screwed, but they hardly said a word. She cried though, nearly broke my heart, but I didn't want to keep lying to her. You know? Christ. That was fuc--" he paused, remembering I hated curse words. He adjusted his position and started rambling again. "It was brutal, just not in the way I expected it to be."

"So, what happens now?" I asked, curling my fingers into his skin, pressing them down one at a time like a pattern, like the way he had tried to teach me the piano. He smiled, but his eyes remained on mine.

"Now, we see what happens..." He said in a feathered whisper, eyes dropping down to my lips. I knew that's where they were, I could feel it.

I closed my eyes and shifted away slightly, I didn't know how badly nerves could affect you until now. I felt like flinging myself off the chair, it was crazy how badly I wanted to kiss him, while simultaneously wanting the floor to swallow me whole.

"I'm not going to rush anything." Louis said as I fluttered my eyelids open. I smiled at him, nodding because I couldn't bring myself to speak.

"I fancy you, I mean if I didn't make that obvious enough as it is.."

I could tell that he was nervous too, the way his hand kept twitching, and the warm glow of red that painted across his cheeks.

I leaned forward, pressing my lips against his cheek delicately. It wasn't exactly a first kiss, but it was a first something. I started pulling back, but he'd grabbed hold of the back of my head, it was gentle, but I couldn't move, I didn't want to.

His lips hovered closely to mine, I could feel the warmth of his breath against my skin. My eyes closed again, and he squeezed my hand, the same hand he had been holding this whole time.

I dipped forward until our lips were touching, his mouth opened, enveloping my bottom lip between both of his. I'd kissed boys before, I'd kissed them on screen and off, I'd kissed platonically and romantically but they were never like this.

Louis' hands were so gentle in my hair, on my skin. His lips were like cushions, brushing against my own so delicately. There was no tongue, there was no essence of sexual energy in the room, but this was our first kiss, it was slow and patient and well overdue, but we were kissing and nobody was going to get hurt.