Chapter 39

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Hey! Don't you find my drum skills amusing?" I was just stunned with amazement that I didn't realized she already finish playing.

"Of course not. It's cool. You're so cool, Vlance." 

"Now, it's your turn. Come you sit here." We stayed at the studio for almost three hours now and we really did enjoyed each other's company. I hope we can spend more time like this in the future.

I felt conscious when she holds my hand as she guided me on how to hit the drums. What if I don't smell good? That would be really embarassing.

"Are you okay? Your body is too stiff to move. Relax." How could I calm myself down if she's behind me and I could feel her breath touch my skin and it smells good. It is intoxicating and I was trying my best to restrain myself not to snatch her and kiss her right away. This is struggling.

"You're doing great."

"Really? Like this?"

"Yeah. Great"

I was now able to rhyme with the beats and I could make a music. I continued playing it until I mastered it a little without her guide. I can play it already by myself.  

"Vlance, I can play drums now." I cheered in excitement when I realized I'm doing a great job.

"That's a good start. At lease you can play a song now."

Baby Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
Baby Shark

She sang.

I stop when I realized it. 

What the fuck. I have no idea I was practicing a nursery rhyme all this time, she's been fooling around with me. If only I knew it, I wouldn't let her teach me.

"Oh, no! Not again." I just chuckled with her, realizing how fool I was.

She just chuckled weak and I am not used to it. She seem to change this past few days. She was kind a bit loss of energy but she was still laughing. It's just that it was not as bright as before. 

I don't think it was because of her suspension that made her a little gloomy. I hope it's not because she feels guilty about her relationship with someone else. I also hope that she doesn't know about that moron is a cheater. Or maybe, she was just like that because she was struggling to ask for an annulment, she might be feeling guilty because I'm sick. 

I sigh out of frustration. How am I gonna help her if I can't read what was running on her mind. I wanted to help but how?

---

We decide to leave the studio and we got home around 7:00 p.m. We finished dinner and now we are already preparing ourselve to bed. I went to bath to get myself ready for bed. After bath, I change and after, I head immediately to bed. 

She was already at the bed watching TV but she seemed preoccupied. Just like the past few days, I noticed that she is getting worst and worst. Her dark circles are getting bigger and bigger.

I changed the channel to test if she was really watching the TV. If she does, she'd definitely react and start to fight me over a remote control. That's the normal Vlance that I know.

The channel has already been changed and my guts isn't wrong, she was just staring at the TV but her mind was out somewhere. Surely, she was thinking about how to get rid of this marriage.